Does fasting include no water

sheena

My girl is booked in for xrays under a GA for the morning.  I got a message from the vet late this afternoon to remind me that she is to fast from 6 tonight.  I gave her an early dinner, but it is so hot & looks like it will be a hot night.  It seems cruel to not let her drink water....but what do you do.  The vets are closed,so I can't get hold of them

Thanks everyone.  I took her water away first thing this morning & told the vet when I took her in. She assured me that was fine.  Bindi was so excited when she got to the vets...jumping & spinning around, like she had never had a sore leg.  She has always liked going to the vets.  It was a different face though when I handed over the lead & told her to be good & I would see her later :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tassie said:

Hope all went well with Bindi  sheena .....  oh and definitely I know that sudden change of face when they're taken out the back. :laugh:.

They thought she might have had cruciate damage, but thankfully, couldn't find any, so no op is necessary.  She does however, have osteo arthritis in both hips.  So now she is on those magic pills for ever & a day.  She thinks she is a puppy again.  So much for giving her Rose Hip Vital everyday for 7 years

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, bianca.a said:

I am so sorry to hear this :( Do you mind if I ask what her magic pills are please? (I have a girl with HD and my male with Osteoarthritis is an elbow)

Carprofen but she had to have a blood test done first for kidney disease. Lucky that came back 100% OK

• Like 3