Billy + Margo dry food

dwynwen

I think this brand might be newish?  I've been feeding Blackhawk for quite a while so haven't been looking at other brands.

My girl has gotten a bit bored with the Blackhawk so thought I'd try a new food to see if she'd like something else.

The PetO staff member was pushing the Billy + Margo and I grabbed a small bag to try it out.

Looking for analysis and feeding info on their website found nothing at all so I'm reduced to holding the bag under a strong light and peering at the tiny print - reading that the food is "Crafted in Australia" makes me gag a little but anyhoo.

Anyone tried this food?  Thoughts?  

(bag images in following post)

Edited by dwynwen
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, PANDI-GIRL said:

I think they are a British company , does the pack say made in Australia.

Stay loyal  is  Australian  made & owned  ,  my dog loves  their kibble , & they have a great website ,

I'm sure your girl would love it also. :)

Pack does say made in Australia - they have a .au website and petshop is saying made in australia.

I saw the UK site too - they don't seem to list the dry food as a product.

Real Petfoods own the brand here and an Asian group bought Real Petfoods late last year ... 

My guys certainly like it - 

Hmm that’s interesting that she’s gone off Black Hawk, apparently they just recently altered the ingredients a little to “make it more palatable” according to the pet quarters guy. Maybe she’s not into the new taste? 

I used the newer pack as training treats for the first time the other day, and compared to the old one which was fine to handle, this made my hands stink for hours. (Despite washing my hands thoroughly 5 times and putting on fragrant hand sanitizer) :vomit:

Blackhawk  kibble  has many bad reviews  on Pet Food Reviews  website Australia,     a lot of upset tummy's  &  stinky gas ,  bad breath.

The  Real Petfood's  company  seem to be buying up a lot of different pet food brands,  Ivory coat has now become  one of them also

The  34% protein  a lot would come from the  peas,  chickpeas  &  lentils,  not much  Salmon i think,  would that be ok for your dogs