3rd dog which sex?

Twinkle13

Hi 

We currently have 2 setters (boys) which are 3 and 5. The 3 year old is due to get neutered soon as he has a retained testicle and just wanted him fully gown and developed before we got him neutered. He is quite independent but is friendly with other dogs. Both boys get on very well as my older guy is like an old grandpa and very tolerant.  We are looking at a Springer Spaniel but cannot decide which sex to get. Would a female cause them to fight or likewise another boy would there be problems? Also our guys are house dogs and would a female or male cause them to start marking inside the house ? Any suggestions or experiences please would be great. Thanks :) 

I guess the first question is do you have a permit or the property size for 3 dogs as I see your in WA .

Female is most likely a better option ,as to marking who knows if there clean already they shouldn’t.

Having said that if your slaying the bitch at an older age and she has her seasons then anything is possible plus sending the boys crazy 

Slaying? Sounds painful. :laugh:

id go with a female too. Most people will say if you have two dogs get one of each, but since you already have 2 males, definitely a female.

aww. A springer. Make sure you come and say hi in the springer sub breed thread!!! :party:

Thanks for your replies as it is nice to get other people's viewpoint :) 

My boys are happy playful souls and  all they want is fun and are great with other dogs so all should be ok! I love boys so might opt for another boy. 

Yes we have our permit :champagne:thanks Dogsfevr