Trouble is only 12... inoperable tumour... grrr!

tdierikx

• 3 weeks later...

Trouble saw her fave vet on Wednesday...

The tumour has grown out and across her trachea... so she now has trouble breathing properly when she gets excited... and she gets so excited when she sees the vet. Vet means pats and treats... *sigh*

Still no problems eating as yet, as the oesophagus is on the other side of her throat to where the "action" is happening.

We are on AB's again, as the tumour at the top back of the tongue gets a bit manky, and the AB's settle it down well.

Oh... and she's put on another kilo... how the heck did that happen, I wonder? LOL!

The bugger gave me a worry the other night... she'd been down the back of the yard where I'd put the cut off vine... managed to get herself tangled in it and ran back inside all wrapped up in dying vine - with Pickles in hot pursuit thinking it was funny Trubs was trailing vine. Poor bubba was so excited about the fun game that she was honking and hawking for a good 30 mins before she settled enough to breathe properly... grrr!

Right now, she's at my feet under the computer desk, poking me to tell me it's nearly dinner time... or at least treat time... or something along those lines... lol!

T.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest crazydoglady99

Oh I'm so sorry it's grown :kissbetter:

She sounds otherwise happy. Bless her!

Sending lots of good vibes or food vibes, whichever she'd like! 

Guest crazydoglady99

Give her a big kiss from all of us. 

(Weight gain couldn't possibly be from too many treats.. there's no such a thing!!!)

Pickles has started paying a lot more attention to Trubs lately... lots of mouth licking between them, and Pickles is never far from her at all times... maybe Pickles knows that something's not right now?

As for Trubs - as long as she gets her food and treats, she's still pretty oblivious to what's going on... lol! Gotta love a Lab for their love of every moment of the day, yes? Especially if there is food involved... or, even better, treats!

I must try to get some more nice photos of her for her beautiful supporters...

T.

• Like 2

ohh..Pickles may well be  picking up illness now - I see it often .  :hug: 

yes, we do need some photos of this much loved girl ... 

being at home with treats, food, close friends, & a sensible someone to keep track  - that's a pretty good palliative care formula right there  . 

• Like 3

I believe Pickles may well be working it all out. My Molly used to sniff Zena all over and would spend most of her days  close by her. At times it felt like I had no dogs. I have since thought a lot about it and I think they can tell when the other is sick and somehow I reckon it helped Molly get through the passing of Zena. The days after,  Molly was quiet and would look for her but she certainly didn’t mope about as much as I thought she would. I think you have to give the animals a lot of credit. They know more than we think they do. I might be nuts but that’s my opinion.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, grumpette said:

OMG she is beautiful, and a true Lab personality. She is looking fantastic for a 12 year old :heart:

Thanks @grumpette... the vet says she also has the teeth of a 5 year old... all very nice and pearly. She used to be about 5kg leaner too... but now it doesn't matter so much if I over-indulge her feeding desires... *grin*

T.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little update for Trubs' fans... still doing pretty well so far... eating fine, and only gets a bit breathless when excited (like when she sees her fave vet... grrr!).

We have an appointment to see her boyfriend (the vet) next Wednesday for a checkup.

The internal throat/tongue tumour is now about the size of a baseball on the left side, and I can feel a thread going across the front of her throat to another lump about the size of a ping-pong ball on the right. The one on the top rear of the tongue is not much bigger that I can see, but there could be growth behind there that we can't see... food still passes it just fine, so not overly concerned about that one just now.

No problems chewing up and swallowing chicken carcases or turkey necks... or treats... *grin*

She's also loving the duck eggs I've been bringing home from work... yummo!

She has started dribbling a bit when asleep... which is a bit annoying when it's on my pillow... ewww!

Will have another update after we see the vet next week, OK?

T.

• Like 4