Trouble is only 12... inoperable tumour... grrr!

tdierikx

As long as she's not suffering in any way, she'll keep getting whatever she likes to eat... and regular trips to her boyfriend for checkups... *grin*

I wish she'd stop dribbling on my pillow though... cold slobber on yer cheek is not exactly the nicest thing... ewww!

T.

• Like 3

Guest crazydoglady99

Oh I was thinking about you guys yesterday and wondering how the beautiful girl is.

Lots of kisses from us please xx

Trubs saw her boyfriend the vet today, and all is progressing ok.

The main tumour is definitely larger and is where I felt it to be - and doing what I knew it was with regards to her throat area. The smaller one on the top back of the tongue is also larger, but still not causing any issues as yet. We watch that one very closely, as it occasionally can get a bit mank and needs antibiotics to settle down again. No antibiotics needed this time, but as soon as I see any sign of it turning, the vet will give me some.

Trubs is still completely oblivious to what's happening, and loving every minute of the extra attention she's been getting from everyone... my friend even bought her banana bread - toasted with butter - which went down a treat... lol!

T.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

In the scheme of things .. that's a good update.  How good it is that our dogs don't know or need to know what's wrong with them.  And if it comes with toasted banana bread, it has to be OK.

• Like 2

Definitely a pretty good update... even though the main internal tumour is bigger, she's still happy and healthy in every other respect.

She still manages to crunch up and swallow her turkey necks and chicken carcases, so even if some narrowing of oesophagus starts happening, we can switch to soft foods if needed. But the actuality is that it will be the trachea that narrows first, and that's when it will be time - if she starts having issues breathing...

Funny thing is that she doesn't have any issues breathing at home... but she gets SO excited visiting her boyfriend (the vet) THAT is when she gets raspy...

She does slobber a bit more than she used to, especially when she's asleep... and that means I'll roll over and end up with cold slime on my cheek because she shares my pillow... not much fun in winter... lol!

T.

• Like 1

thinking of you both. So pleased that trouble is continuing on with her usual Trouble loves....    it is we humans who do the hard yards now because we  know of the future.. dogs, bless their doggy hearts and souls have that blessed gift of living in the NOW !!!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, animallover99 said:

How is the beautiful girl this week?

Still travelling along fine. The tumour is still growing, but doesn't seem to be worrying her at all. Still crunching up and swallowing chicken carcases, so that's a good sign, yes?

Looking at me right now as if to say "ummm... dinner was supposed to be earlier than this..."

Gotta love a Lab!

T.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
Guest crazydoglady99

Oh I'm sad the tumour's growing :cry:

I'm glad she still happy & eating though. I think of that beautiful labrador face all the time, especially that photo of her with the black ball :love:

(Will send another parcel to my fav girl soon)

Poor muffin was scratching an itch on her neck yesterday and the pressure made her gag... but 30 minutes later she scoffed her dinner down like nothing was wrong...

The tumour appears to be affecting her trachea more than her oesophagus... and she now only sleeps on her right side because the tumour on the left is about the size of a grapefruit and it's uncomfortable to lie on. It doesn't appear to hurt her at all, just gets in the way. It has migrated over to the right, but that side is only about the size of a ping pong ball so far.

Pickles has become so protective of Trubs that she has taken to shadowing her everywhere... but gets a bit bossy at times... especially if Trubs lies down somewhere that Pickles can't lie next to her... lol!

As for the treats... Trubs shared some with a friend's dog, and now her owner is ordering them regularly... and they even have made her a special run of the Turkey Sprinkles as her dog loves them so much. Now, that's AWESOME customer service!

T.

• Like 3

Guest crazydoglady99

Oh darling girl :cry: 

Do you think she would eat manuka honey - raw, high strength? (Its pretty strong, my dogs say no!) Manuka honey can kill something like 250 strains of bacteria, just wondering if that would be helpful? :shrug:

It was you!!! Haha! Thank you T, I appreciate that so much!! :thanks:

We're doing ok with keeping infection at bay so far @crazydoglady99... and Trubs is a Labrador - she will eat anything... lol!

I've been bringing home duck eggs from work lately... and they are her most fave thing at the moment... but we are limiting to one every other day, as I don't want to have to invest in a gas mask... hehe! She eats them shell and all... yum!

T.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1