Scout - run free old boy

Kajirin

My dear old Scout passed away this morning at 6:25 am.  He woke me up at at around 3 am not acting right, so I sat with him on the couch, just rubbing his back and stroking his old head.  It looked like he had a massive heart attack at the end, but he was quite out of it, so I don't think he felt much happening.  Will miss my dear old boy and he was just shy of his 12th birthday which would've been on the 17th of this month :(

olscout.thumb.jpg.a1957cd2ee13fc9e15c93b00f2a5c0b8.jpg

• Sad 1

Oh no :( Run free beautiful Scout. I can only hope I'm given the same opportunity to be there with my dogs to give comfort as you did. I'm sure your Scout is telling other dogs what an amazing life he's had with you :heart:

• Like 2

My beautiful neighbours came over this morning with a mini excavator and dug the hole for me.  The ground is hard packed clay, especially as it's been summer.  That helped me so much  and made things quicker.  They were so sad, as they were only talking to Scout last night.  But he is at peace now :heart:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, stellnme said:

A fitting and lovely tribute to a sweet boy - made me teary.

When I watched the video after completing it I howled.  Was the first time I could actually cry over him in a fortnight.  Think I've been suffering from severe delayed grief.  Making the video was so therapeutic, brought back so many happy memories :)

• Like 1