Blacktown Pound Again

http://services.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/petsonline/search.aspx?type=3    We found this handsome lad in the section Available to Rescues on the Backtown Pound site.  He's described as Dachshund X Shih Tzu.   But looks very Tibetan Spaniel.    If anyone has contacts with Rescue groups that take from Blacktown Pound, would you mind bringing the boy to their attention?  We believe he was surrendered & has been offered to one Rescue who told us they'd said no room.  His Impound No is IMP-18-01112.  Thanks.

IMP-18-01112.thumb.jpg.4668872d5eb807e0703aa5de0b14000d.jpg

Edited by mita

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Powerlegs said:

@mita there's 3 tib crosses in Liverpool Pound. :) 

Powerlegs, we getting 2 different backgrounds on them.  Someone who alerted us, says they were dumped at the Pound.  But the Liverpool Pound site has them listed with Lost Dogs and asks for their owner.  If it weren't so late in the day, I'd phone the Pound and ask which is right.

7 minutes ago, mita said:

Powerlegs, we getting 2 different backgrounds on them.  Someone who alerted us, says they were dumped at the Pound.  But the Liverpool Pound site has them listed with Lost Dogs and asks for their owner.  If it weren't so late in the day, I'd phone the Pound and ask which is right.

They may have been dumped at the pound but not necessarily by their owner, that would technically be a surrender and they would go straight into the pets for adoption section. :) 

2 minutes ago, Powerlegs said:

They may have been dumped at the pound but not necessarily by their owner, that would technically be a surrender and they would go straight into the pets for adoption section. :) 

Thanks, PL.

• Like 1

Very mysterious, juice.  People are posting interesting comments on the Liverpool FB page.  A woman called Kylie said she found the 3 on the side of the road (not clear if she actually saw the dumping take place).  It must've been out of hours for the Pound because the 3 stayed at her house for the night & she took them to the Pound next day.

Another poster said she recognises one of them,  because she was his groomer.  They look in splendid condition & are happy, confident little dogs.

One of the Rescues told me they've offered to take them if not claimed, but she said the little dogs have generated much interest & they may be adopted straight from the Pound.  If owner doesn't claim them, that is.

I haven’t seen any information directly from the pound pages about the 3 dogs, only having looked at this thread here on DOL, but the first thing that jumped to my mind was could the actual owner of the dog be incapacited somehow, through accident, illness, gone Away etc, and don’t even know the dogs are not being cared for, or the dogs have gotten out from their yard, or away from their carer, or been dumped by someone who initially took them from a deceased estate etc. 

Ye gods!  98,000 calls.  I wish it weren't first in gets the dog.  I'd rather there was some careful screening of applicants.  

I don't know if there's any further information yet on who dumped 3 healthy young dogs by a roadside.... and why.

Is it an offence to endanger dogs like that.... & also create a traffic hazard? 

21 hours ago, mita said:

Ye gods!  98,000 calls.  I wish it weren't first in gets the dog.  I'd rather there was some careful screening of applicants.  

I don't know if there's any further information yet on who dumped 3 healthy young dogs by a roadside.... and why.

Is it an offence to endanger dogs like that.... & also create a traffic hazard? 

Yes it's a prosecutable offence under the POCTAA to abandon animals but you have to catch someone at it. :(

https://www.facebook.com/LiverpoolAnimalShelter/   Those 3 Tibbie crosses, with the 'dumped' history, have been adopted from Liverpool Pound.  You can scroll tho' their FB page to see the happy new families.  Looking good.  One to a doting older couple, another will be a mother's sweet girl and the third, a lively lad, has 2 very happy siblings to play with.

• Like 2