Floor cleaning product recommendations

kim21

Hello there :) 

I am just looking for peoples personal recommendations of best floor cleaning products (for hardwood floors) when you are mopping up after mr 10week old and his pea sized bladder?  :laugh: the more natural the better but really I’m currently using dettol floor cleaner and that isn’t natural. 

Mostly I don’t want a product that is encouraging the use of the floor as a toilet (ammonia based I guess). 

Thanks in advance 

28 minutes ago, Powerlegs said:

if you sign up for the newsletter first you may very well get a discount on your first order so sign up first and wait for the confirmation email.

or, if you Google '>Australian natural care join up voucher' there is a site called thebargainavenue.com.au which has promo codes

Ecoworx (available online, not through stores) is safe for hardwood floors and is an enzyme cleaner that is great for cleaning up puppy accidents. You can also use it to clean almost anything - including ovens!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

You can try a chemical-free cleaning method that includes lukewarm water and white vinegar. Equal parts of both should do the trick. However, just to be sure, you can clean a small part of the floor with a cloth to see how it's affecting the surface. The amount of vinegar could be reduced if the solution seems too strong. The vinegar should take care of the smell. You can repeat the process several times, then wash the floor again with clean water and dry with another cloth or towel. Hope this helps! :)