Crufts 2018: maybe DOLers can continue to update

Boronia

I had a look at the Crufts info this morning and thought it'd be an idea to pop in a topic that can be updated with piccies and news.

Here are some rainy day photos from the Birmingham Mail

I do like Bailey the Bearded Collie

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/gallery/best-pictures-crufts-day-1-14384456

I'm looking forward to Friday's terriers :happydance2:

• Like 1

My close friend is judging Airedale Terriers at Crufts. She was to judge next year but the judge scheduled for this year has injured his knee and had to withdraw. My friend was contacted yesterday - one day before judging - and asked to fill in.

Disappointed as I had planned to go next year to watch her judge but a bit late to arrange for this year!

A couple of links for live stream which I hope work.

https://m.youtube.com/user/OfficialCrufts

http://www.ourdogs.co.uk/subindex/home.php

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Boronia said:

thanks for the link Airedaler, is the teddy-bear dog  a Barbet puppy?  and what is the white dog?

5aa22b4a85232_Screenshotfrom2018-03-0916-31-41.thumb.png.a30eabd4b2c6ccd3fd24c16a2263e717.png5aa22b64c9394_Screenshotfrom2018-03-0916-32-40.thumb.png.889e327ef73988d8d96c517239f4922c.png

The 2 dogs I’m seeing on the screen shots above  are both Pumis I believe

11 hours ago, mingaling said:

https://www.facebook.com/dogsoutsidethering/

Just did a live video walk walk around Terrier area..... showed Lots of Cesky, a good look at a Dandie, some Skyes, and others. 

Sheridan would love the second video with the Wheatens Ming, and those three four Scotties Cesky's are super and the Dandie with the waggie tail. Thank you for posting.

Edited by Boronia
because I don't know a Scottie from a Cesky (well front-on anyway)

20 minutes ago, Boronia said:

Sheridan would love the second video with the Wheatens Ming, and those three Scotties are super and the Dandie with the waggie tail. Thank you for posting.

If you mean the 3, actually 4 black dogs on the trolley with the lavender purple cover, they’re Cesky Terriers. 

9 hours ago, mingaling said:

If you mean the 3, actually 4 black dogs on the trolley with the lavender purple cover, they’re Cesky Terriers. 

Well...yes four of them (I did mean to write four)

and...

I thought they looked like odd-looking Scotties but they are black and have that long hair over their noses and were shown front-on

and I know that it's no excuse :laugh:

woops

So here ya go...Four Lovely Cesky's at Crufts

5aa2e6bd1afa3_Screenshotfrom2018-03-1005-50-54.png.9cea5bc8f410f73bc0814136fb269940.png

• Like 1

Whoo Sally and Marge didn’t take dogs over this year but dogs they’ve bred won BOB Sealyham and Best Veteran. The veteran bitch Bliss is retired now. Marge showed the BOB dog on the day. What a team! 

19 minutes ago, mingaling said:

Whoo Sally and Marge didn’t take dogs over this year but dogs they’ve bred won BOB Sealyham and Best Veteran. The veteran bitch Bliss is retired now. Marge showed the BOB dog on the day. What a team! 

lovely Sealyham here (and one of your  dog, a Skye)

click on the link and there are more piccies

Edited by Boronia

An Afghan from Aus, who has gone over for 6 months of showing took out Runner Up Best In Group. Only been there a few days

An 8 yo old Shetland Sheepdog bred here in Aus was 2nd in an agility event, not sure if a heat or a final. Her breeders went over just to see her in action