Oral health - toothpaste and toothbrush brands?

Gau

Hi everyone, I'm late to the oral care party - my dog is 8 years old and doesn't have serious damage yet but his breath is smelly.

Do you have any recommendations for good brands of dog toothpaste and toothbrushes? There seems to be too many to choose from..

Thanks!

Hi Gau,

I use Dentipet and a baby toothbrush for my small dog. My dog loves the chicken flavour. However, that ‘dog breath’ could well be the smell of pus and infection, as a healthy mouth should not smell unless they’ve recently eaten something gross. So if you haven’t recently, I would recommend taking your dog to the vet for a dental check. He may require a dental/oral treatment under general anaesthesia before you start a tooth brushing program.

PS this is my favourite video for teaching cooperative tooth brushing. :) 

• Like 1

I use Dentipet... I get it from my Vetrinarian. I also use a toddler toothbrush because my CKCS has tiny teeth and I find a toddler brush a good size.

What I do and it works for me ... I let them lick a tiny bit off the brush to get a bit of a taste and then I brush away, they love getting their teeth brushed.

• Like 1