$300k and some; PetRescue's new project

Corporate fund raising style. Completely lost the plot, sadly. I don't recommend them anymore since  I have had a couple of complaints from people who didn;t like the "spamming". :(  (Not that there was any point in telling ME - I said you need to complain to them!)

I did today and told them that I thought this was way overboard.  Just went on and it looks like it has been taken down.  Also said to them I was thinking of leaving and asked a few questions as they stated that they only do two fund raising a year to mainly cover the cost of the website. Like I said to them I have no problem in them fund raising but the way they have been doing it is very misleading to the public as they think that the money is going directly to the rescue groups.  Will await their reply to my questions re so many staff, what do they do?

'The Adoptables' is PetRescue's major fundraiser for the year. It features the stories of special needs pets who are without a home.

In 2016 no donations went to the rescue groups who were caring for the featured pets.

In 2017 thanks to community criticism of a campaign collecting donations for pets who did not receive any of those donations, 19 groups received about $3,000 each ($55,000) for participating.

Rescue groups who did not allow their animals to be used for the purpose of fundraising for PetRescue, received no financial support.

While PetRescue banked over $180,000 in donations for themselves.

Recently, PetRescue has;

Allowing PetRescue to continue to swindle the public into believing that a donation to them helps save and care for pets, using your rescue group's animal stories for 'The Adoptables' campaign, is harming all rescue groups; you, your peers and the sustainability of rescue into the future.

How will rescue groups continue to save the lives of pets, when donations are primarily going to PetRescue?

See also: PetRescue addresses the concerns of rescue groups

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

• 1 month later...

I was in a Facebook thread this week where a dog needed rescue.  Someone came on and said contact Petrescue for help.  I replied that Petrescue isn't a rescue group but it provides a platform for all the rescue groups to rehome their dogs.  Person answers "they have foster carers".  I said well if they've crossed right over into the realm of actually rescuing animals, i'm unaware but it is a fact that many rescuers would be interested in finding out about.

So much misunderstanding out there.  These people were also donating money to them to keep saving lives ....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/07/2018 at 8:01 PM, Her Majesty Dogmad said:

I was in a Facebook thread this week where a dog needed rescue.  Someone came on and said contact Petrescue for help.  I replied that Petrescue isn't a rescue group but it provides a platform for all the rescue groups to rehome their dogs.  Person answers "they have foster carers". 

Did you see the post about PetRescue's "helpdesk".

The idea is, that they take some enquiries, redirect to rescue to do the heavy lifting, then claim the results as their own for the purposes of fundraising.

"When pet owners and carers are in crisis, PetRescue is often their lifeline....Our amazing team got on the case, networked amongst our contacts, and found two wonderful foster carers for her little dog."

You all work for PetRescue now.

Edited by shel
  • Sad 2