Kaos - lymphoma

Teebs

• 3 weeks later...

I just wish someone could tell me what to do :( 

hope that 6 weeks rest heals her enough to function until the lymphoma takes her (if it doesn’t get her before the 6 weeks is up) 

or let her go now? 

Her good old leg isn’t really able to support her, she can’t walk at all right now, she can’t be operated on, is it fair of me to crate her and put her on pain meds? Or should I go spoil her and let her go?

this is the worst part of dog ownership, i was expecting to have to make the choice, but not like this :( 

• Sad 3

A few days spoiling and rest while you adjust and think /feel .
A part of me is saying that this latest is a not-so-gentle poke/reminder for you  that time is short , and that sooner sounds a more likely plan than later . In a way , teebs, maybe , though it shortens the time you have her with you , it also relieves you of the sight of her as one very ill and rapidly fading darling dog , maybe ? 
I don't know ...  :kissbetter:

• Like 1

It’s nice that you have a decent vet who can tell you how it is but what a difficult situation. As P says maybe sooner rather than later but I don’t know if I could make that call. Although watching a dog fade and look so sad with cancer isn’t great either. Deep down we know that we have to think about how our little friends are feeling and that usually the decision made will be what is technically the right one. I certainly feel for you. Hugs to you and yours. Take care and roll on Monday when you can talk to your vet. :kissbetter:

Bummer.    Have you got some pain meds that you can use till you can see your vet.   Most of the anti inflams are nasty for the kidneys .. but at this stage, that's probably not a major consideration.    

Someone might have a brace that they can lend you in the short term ...  and in the very short term you can make a makeshift sling to help her with toileting.   She probably won't fell like moving round too much, so a big comfortable bed in the rooms you spend most time in maybe with some furniture restricting movement.    Icing the knee.. and gentle massage might also help her comfort level in the short term..

Thanks

her kidneys are failing too... she hasn’t got much going for her

ive got her set up in the crate with a puppy pen around it in the kitchen, just enough room so if she needs to toilet she can get to the tiles and not use the crate. 

She is is putting a little more weight on her good back leg tonight... so who knows what’s going to happen

she is fast asleep snoring now, hopefully she is out for the night 

• Like 3

Shit Teebs. You know the call is never easy, i often wonder if i left some too late to give them their wings, but they look at you with those big eyes and you just cant do it. I know i let Ozz go to late, he had the worst last night and before the vets were open the next day i took him, i had driven him the day before and changed my mind in the car park.

Bull breeds also dont show their pain as well, vet will advise im sure, thoughts are with you mate.