Puppy + Mum backyard breeder

I am sorry you are so unhappy . 
if you feel we have assumed - then maybe we needed more detail so we could work on fact  :( 

Y'know ... the advice on here is ALL heartfelt . ..even if it feels angry :( Then it is REALLY from the heart .......
SO many DOL members have been/are involved in rescue , and know what the environments/outcomes are .They do an incredible job with the abused/the elderly and the forgotten .
many more are good and ethical breeders with many years of experience  of rearing limited numbers of amazing puppies . 
Some like me do not show , or compete , or operate in the public domain ..we love being around dogs , have a lifetime of experience ,and experiences to share . 
We have all made mistakes  at some time ....or have otherwise been devastated /disappointed . 
Any suggestions made by me ..reading links, 'advice' - are  to maybe help someone make a better-informed decision , hopefully getting the best they can  :)

Wishing you and future dog/s  fun & friendship  :) 

• Like 4

On ‎3‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:35 AM, Rebanne said:

Nup, all they are doing is making space for more and more dogs to be bred there. By buying from someone that even the OP thinks is dodgy they are supporting an unethical breeder, they are enabling them to keep breeding. 

Well, you could buy the dog directly from the "BYB", or you could wait till the dog gets surrendered so you can "buy" it from the pound - what difference does it really make? If you use this benchmark, shelters shouldn't take dogs too, or only in cases where it is verified that the dog wasn't from a "BYB".

2 hours ago, persephone said:

Y'know ... the advice on here is ALL heartfelt . ..even if it feels angry :( Then it is REALLY from the heart .......

Yep, Persephone.  So much heart that anyone who doesn’t agree with them, do EXACTLY what they say, is someone with NFI.  

Here we had a person who was genuinely conflicted, wanted to do right thing by everyone, but was talked to harshly and rudely, told they were supporting a cruel and indecent practice, etc etc etc, if they took a little dog they thought would be perfect for their son they were practically on the right hand of Lucifer and when they get upset are even more harshly spoken to.  

DOL is just as full as holier than thous as it is of caring people wanting to help and educate.  

:mad  :mad  :mad

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dame Danny's Darling said:

Yep, Persephone.  So much heart that anyone who doesn’t agree with them, do EXACTLY what they say, is someone with NFI.  

Here we had a person who was genuinely conflicted, wanted to do right thing by everyone, but was talked to harshly and rudely, told they were supporting a cruel and indecent practice, etc etc etc, if they took a little dog they thought would be perfect for their son they were practically on the right hand of Lucifer and when they get upset are even more harshly spoken to.  

DOL is just as full as holier than thous as it is of caring people wanting to help and educate.  

:mad  :mad  :mad

Until the OP said she she planned to buy the dogs (despite the advice given), I didn't see anyone being harsh or rude. It was when the OP made it plain that she had decided to buy the dogs anyway, that people got a lot blunter. 

Like I said, these threads never fail to go in one of two very clear directions- either the OP takes the advice on board and looks elsewhere, or they ignore advice and do what they planned to do all along. And then someone starts slinging insults, accusing others of being unkind, while ignoring the irony of their own behaviour :shrug: 

• Like 2

Sad but true. It is very hard to resist when you’ve already seen and made a connection with the animal, it takes strength to walk away and leave it to an unknown fate. Of course people are judgemental about it, you’re fitting the stereotype to a T. Having an attitude of “I want it therefore I’ll do it no matter how many experienced people tell me it’s a bad idea” and then getting shitty when they get frustrated at having wasted their time trying to educate someone YET again...

It is pretty rude to waste peoples time asking for advice you never had any intention of following, although I’m betting you thought you could, you know the advice is correct and factual but you can’t get the dog out of your head. It’s convenient, it’s right there and it was so happy to see you and your kids... 

I get it. I also get everyone else here, it’s hard to battle the con artists when you’ve got the disadvantage of not being able to produce the perfect goods on demand. And of course on demand is not how companion animals should be produced, they’re not eggs, they should be produced with love and care and experience, and people should be ok with waiting for that.

As a society we’ve grown used to having everything on demand because we can, hot chook for under $10, fruit out of season, everything under the sun when you want it and the price you want to pay. But there IS a price, if we don’t pay it someone else does, whether it’s the 9 week old overgrown chicken getting baled up in a machine which is quicker and cheaper and far more brutal than a human hand: or the imported fruit that people whinge about being imported and risking our local crops but they whinge when it’s not available.

Consumer demand drives markets and consumers continue to demand and someone, somewhere always pays. 

Edited by WoofnHoof
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1