Senior Silky Female adoption - Victoria

I am wanting to adopt a female Senior Silky Terrier. I know the Senior Silky Rescue in New South Wales has a beautiful Silky called "Lola" available for adoption, however I live in Victoria and they do not permit interstate adoptions. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best place to go to adopt a girl in Victoria? Thanks

Edited by Lyn Mucenieks
updated post

Thank you for your replies - I have contacted the Australian Silky Terrier Club of Victoria but I have not received a reply as yet. I am not sure if my message got through or not as their site doesn't look like it has been attended to for a couple of months.

Please let me know if you hear of any other female senior Australian Silky Terriers - I am looking for one around 8 years old. Thanks Lyn

You could also try Rescued With Love. 

Have you actually contacted Senior Silky Rescue in Sydney? They might consider adopting interstate if they could organise a home visit from someone they knew in Vic.  I’ve done that with interstate adoptions and other rescue groups do that as well.  

Good luck.   

Lola is one of ours. :)  

She's ex-puppy farm, and understandably not a fan of crates/pens etc so unaccompanied transport isn't an option for her.

We do interstate on the occasion that an adoptive home is willing to do the travelling (and we can organise a yard check). One lovely couple came from SA to adopt :) another from WA, but it's not always a reasonable distance for many. Lola is up near Port Macquarie. 

I'd definitely try RWL if distance is a factor. 

Hi everyone

I am pleased to announce that my application to adopt Lola has been accepted.

Anna and Emma are truly lovely ladies and the work they do rescuing these beautiful little dogs is amazing.

We are heading to NSW with our 10 year old Silky Stevie on Anzac Day to meet Lola . I am so excited and cannot wait to see her.

Thank you all for your support

Lyneee xx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone - on my way to meet beautiful Lola - I am so excited and feel very privileged that Senior Silkies have given me this wonderful opportunity to look after this dear little girl xx

• Like 6

Hi everyone - met Lola last night and it went really well. Our 10 year old Silky Stevie also met Lola and things went smoothly between them. Em has done a fantastic job rehabilitating her. Em is so dedicated and a very special person and I know saying goodbye to Lola will not be easy for her but we will look after Lola and give her all the love and care that Em has given to her. We are collecting Lola this morning and then making the long trip back to Ballarat, Victoria. Thanks Anna for all of your help in bringing us all together Xx

• Like 4