Why has this food bowl made me a little teary??

Some DOLers with good memories may recall my many posts over the years about the frustration of trying to feed a little dog who eats just enough to stay alive.  A few months ago, I took Tamar in for a full checkup and it was found that she had developed poor renal function.  She was the same as usual, but had been losing even more weight - skin and bones underneath her fluffy coat.  I was at my wits’ end, so I asked the vet to give me something that might help her appetite and she was also having to go on a renal diet.  She quite liked the Royal Canin Renal cans but still eating like a sparrow.  One day when I went down to buy some more cans they were out of stock, so I took a couple of sachets to try.   Well, she loved them, but still didn’t eat the whole sachet and I was still supplementing with nutrigel and bone broth mixed with her meds and syringed in.  

Tonight was a milestone !!!!! And so of course I had to record it.  Virtually the whole sachet finished - 150grams.  She is given a sachet twice a day, so is now eating nearly 300grams a day as well as the nutrigel and bone broth.  Weigh in next week, I think.   :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  

27574322048_f40e38d7d9_q.jpgIMG_0771 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

And Jeune loves it too and licked the bowl clean:

26574829927_c894d7d3ff_q.jpgIMG_0772 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

If you are wondering about the size of the bowl (quiche sized bowl), I mash it all up for her as she doesn’t have any teeth and will only lick up the sauce :banghead:

(Now hope to god I haven’t jinxed us :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:)

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3