Golden paste reviews

I was just looking through the threads to see whether there are anything beneficial for joints and I found this

It was created in 2015 so I thought I start a new thread rather than replying to the old one.

i read up on this and one of the side effects is thinning blood.  If my dog had an accident or need emergency surgery, wouldn’t being on this long term be an issue?

I would appreciate some peoples reviews on this formula and whether they actually see a difference on the dog?  I’m also thinking of taking it myself so any reviews on human is also welcome :)

A quarter teaspoon is nothing, is it really that effective?

thanks

Edited by giraffez

13 hours ago, giraffez said:

i read up on this and one of the side effects is thinning blood.  If my dog had an accident or need emergency surgery, wouldn’t being on this long term be an issue?

I would appreciate some peoples reviews on this formula and whether they actually see a difference on the dog?  I’m also thinking of taking it myself so any reviews on human is also welcome :)

A quarter teaspoon is nothing, is it really that effective?

thanks

I) It's safe to be on long term so long as its real T, not the supplement stuff. But you must tell a vet as it can interact with other medications and you would absolutely have to tell them if you were going in for emergency surgery. You'd also have to stop prior to routine surgery just to be safe. 

II) Scottie and I used it for ...  6 ish months. I stopped because I read there was a possibility it wasn't compatible with his anxiety meds and when I no longer had the drive to make it for him I stopped making it for myself. I noticed a huge difference when I was on it - so can only assume he felt better on it too. As I mentioned in on the other thread - I have a bad back and knees - didn't think it was helping much but then missed a few weeks worth of doses and really noticed a difference in my self. 

III) Start small and work up to a larger dose - I think its about a tablespoon over the course of the day.  You don't want to start high - it makes you poo like no ones business.  I accidentally O/D Scott in the start and he did like 4 massive poos while we were walking around the block - poor boy.  I think, from memory, it has a short half life (is that the right term here?) so it doesn't stay in your body long - so smaller doses more often is more beneficial. 

There's a very active facebook group - the Turmeric Users Group - if you're interested. 

In short, I highly rate it and say so long as it doesn't interfere with other meds give it a try. As a side note, it is messy (I preferred making it with coconut oil to give it some structure), tastes nasty as hell and you can overdose on it - an acquaintance of mine reported getting dizzy and faint headed after discovering Turmeric chai lattes and adding a lot of them to her diet on top of golden paste.  

• Thanks 1

I've had our girl on it for a while now (would have to check notes for dates) but over a month if I had to guess. Have her on it to try and reduce reactions to allergies (unknown if environmental or diet related). 

I haven't been using that exact recipe though. I mix around equal parts coconut oil and tumeric powder. Basically half a jar of oil and add enough tumeric to fill the jar. I then keep it in the fridge and add to her dish where I pour some boiling water over it to create the paste on the go. I then add any proteins and her dry food into the paste and she seems to enjoy it.  

She smells a bit like curry sometimes, but seems to be doing well. She doesn't appear to be chewing her paws or having any major flare ups. Not sure if it's the reason for the changes or not but definitely haven't seen any negatives because of it. 

It may not be as potent as cooking the paste down, but it's very quick and easy and not messy at all the way I've been preparing it. 

• Thanks 1

Guest crazydoglady99

There's some info in it in Jean Dodds book. In a nutshell that it is  anti inflammatory, is a powerful antioxidant, and halts tumor growth. Thought it had more info. Probably I'm looking in the wrong part.

I haven't used it though, turmeric is waaaayyyy too strong for me, I don't think fussy 1, 2 and 3 would appreciate it!

Edited by crazydoglady99

4 hours ago, giraffez said:

Thanks all

i haven’t tried it on my dogs yet, I wanted to be the guinea pig first.  It tastes nasty, so strong and over power the food I add it to.

Swallow &  chase with a warm drink - even just water 

• Thanks 1

I tried it with my dog who had bone cancer. Didn’t seem to make any difference. However my (human) friend who takes it swears it helps her arthritis pain. Of course humans are much more susceptible to the placebo effect. 

• Thanks 1