Boycott these brands!

canine_rock

6 hours ago, canine_rock said:

Link doesn't work for me... I quit LinkedIn, so just get headline and a grusome photo.

I don't get the point. Testing on animals is sometimes necessary... I sure hope pet medications get tested on animals, and unpleasant as it is, I can't see drug companies skipping animal trial and going directly to testing on humans.

Is this news?

Edited by sandgrubber
Fix some stuff
  • Like 1

This is not news, check the info before posting...this is not facebook, where the ditsy readers all get on the band-wagon and scream   'Abuse'

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/loreal-beagle-testing/

The link goes on to say:

ORIGIN

On 24 May 2016, a Facebook user published the above-reproduced image of a partially blinded beagle, along with the claim that it represented the harmful effects of cosmetics testing on animals:

When cosmetics companies like L’Oreal want to test their products, they often use beagles. They take the potentially toxic ingredients in their products and stick them in the puppy’s eye in large doses to test how much of a product is needed to cause harm. When they finish, they remove the Beagle’s eye and start again on the other eye. When the beagle runs out of eyes, they kill him. This is why we never support animal testing companies.

The photograph caused alarm and concern among animal lovers worried about whether the beagle’s injuries were truly inflicted by L’Oreal (or any other cosmetics brand). A reverse image search revealed that the photograph had appeared years earlier on Portuguese-language web sites, with many English-language sites later using the same image to blame Mary Kay, Avon, or Procter & Gamble for the beagle’s injuries:

• Like 3

When I saw this post I went to bfp.org and saw good things happening for dogs. Posting it in this subforum was an appropriate venue whether or not this forums' members are better than Facebook members or not. The point of my post was to raise awareness of dog abuse which is actually happening all over the world. It seems you may be missing the point by worrying about irrelevant details while at the same time passive aggressively insulting me.

This is not news, check the info before posting...this is not facebook, where the ditsy readers all get on the band-wagon and scream   'Abuse'

To the OP: you won't win any adherents by posting fake news. It is just as bad as using a picture of feedlot beef calves to moan about dairy calves "being ripped from their mothers".

Sensible people really don't like others trying to manipulate their emotions with lies. So I suggest that if you want to raise awareness of dog abuse use actual verified facts and not manipulative lies.  A bit of actual research will ALWAYS get your point across better then proven lies.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, canine_rock said:

When I saw this post I went to bfp.org and saw good things happening for dogs. Posting it in this subforum was an appropriate venue whether or not this forums' members are better than Facebook members or not. The point of my post was to raise awareness of dog abuse which is actually happening all over the world. It seems you may be missing the point by worrying about irrelevant details while at the same time passive aggressively insulting me.

If you want to raise awareness of dog abuse, why not put it in the sub- topic dealing with abuse.