Stop mansplaining my dog to me: decoding my pup's DNA

Boronia

Very entertaining read, I support doing harmless things to spite random strangers and grow your own knowledge about your dog!

This quote stuck with me:

While I was impatiently awaiting the results of my DNA test, this haunted me. What if the DNA test told me Peter was sick? He didn’t seem sick. But what if maybe he was going to be sick in the future? I also worried about how I would write around it in this piece. Maybe I would attempt to feature it as a poignant look at the impermanence of life, but, in contrast, the permanence of love – how his love will always be with me, and mine with him, no matter what. Luckily I do not have to travel down this thought-provoking road, because after six agonizing weeks of waiting, I received Peter’s impressive results: Peter tested clear for the 165 genetic conditions for which Embark scans....

That was something I was super concerned about too. Unlike this person, we didn't test clear but it is good to know in advance, once the dismay passed, that she carries DM and sometimes carrier dogs get affected by it....and the low ALT result / baseline was beneficial to hand over to my vets as we try to puzzle out some weird incontinence issues. So...I'm prepared at least, if worse comes to worse.

I want to get it done with Thyme as well, whenever a decent sale happens. Make sure no health curve balls in the future.

Edited by Thistle the dog
  • Like 1