Taste of the wild dog food

i used TOTW salmon for my boy.  I did it because of the good reviews  and it seems to do well with them.  Its one of the few brands that only have fish as the protein.  Other brand chuck in chicken fillers which my boy has a mild allergy to when he was young.  

Does the costco brand have fish?

• 2 weeks later...

My 4 month puppy has been on TOTW since I weened him off his breeder's diet (unknown dry kibble + My Dog canned food). I tried the high prairie first and had no issues, then I tried the wild salmon and I did notice changes in his stools in the beginning but he's finished the bag now with no further issues. I only feed him dry kibble for his breakfast and his subsequent meals later in the day are raw. I'm going to also try Meals for Mutts next.

Costco brand "kirkland domain's nature" is from the same company "Diamond" that produce TOTW and is more cost-effective.

On 5/19/2018 at 5:32 PM, juice said:

Yes Costco does have the fish one , I feed it . 

Thanks.  Is it the same recipe as taste of the wild, just different brand?  How much is the costco one and how many Kgs?

I empty bag into a container so can’t remember exact ingredients , but from memory they are almost the same . Look on the Costco US site as it lists it with Ingredients , $52 , for 15kg 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juice said:

I empty bag into a container so can’t remember exact ingredients , but from memory they are almost the same . Look on the Costco US site as it lists it with Ingredients , $52 , for 15kg 

Wow so much cheaper!  Does the costco one always have stock or is it a rotational item where it only appears once in a while?

They only carry two flavours , can’t remember other one but it’s in a pink bag , if you look on the US site you will see the two Aus stocks . Fish one is in blue bag . 

After all this, the little bugger wont eat it unless i add stuff to it!! I specifically chose TOTW due to it's higher meat content, and was hoping it would smell and taste good to Nugget. 

It really irks me to say that his favourite dry food is Royal Canin mini junior. The ingredients suck though, and unlike Taste of the wild doesn't have a high meat content, not to mention all of the unnecessary and questionable ingredients it contains. I would love to know what they add to make it so palatable to dogs...  It also was the only dry food my incredibly fussy shih tzu ate years ago. We didn't have the wonderful variety of pet foods back then that we have now, and RC was one of the better ones at the time...