Back car seat cover

gerri

Hello

I have a Border Collie. I got a back car seat cover from ebay. It does not sit taut and Toby does not like it as it moves about when he moves. I have a Subaru XV. Can anyone suggest a good back car seat cover?

Thanks

Gerri

• Like 1

Our Backseat Buddy only lasted about 4 years. We currently have one from a brand I can't remember. It has non-slip backing and tabs that get shoved between the bench and backrest cushions to keep it in place. It is quite good. 

• 2 weeks later...

From the Orvis website here.  I bought the grip tight windowed hammock seat protector in the hope it wouldn't slip around as much - and it doesn't.  And the window allows for much better air c irculation - particularly on hot days.  And it was much cheaper than my original back seat buddy.   Love it. 

On 5/14/2018 at 2:08 PM, westiemum said:

From the Orvis website here.  I bought the grip tight windowed hammock seat protector in the hope it wouldn't slip around as much - and it doesn't.  And the window allows for much better air c irculation - particularly on hot days.  And it was much cheaper than my original back seat buddy.   Love it. 

Yes I was looking at the windowed one but it is an American website...Do they ship to Australia??  We are getting a new (2nd) car & really want to keep it clean

On 15/05/2018 at 7:24 PM, westiemum said:

Yes they ship to Australia. 

I really like that one with the mesh window.  However they want almost $70 A in postage to ship to Australia :(  We are getting a new car so I want to get a good cover to stop the border collie hair getting all over the carpet.  I gather the Hammock style ones would help stop the hair falling on the carpet.

Sheena the trick to buying anything from OS is to work out the sweet spot for postage and to buy a number of items for the same postage in the same parcel - The postage is always expensive in AUD and its not exactly cheap here either.  AusPost prices are terrible as well.  But I usually find that the OS goods themselves are cheaper and so it usually works out in the end.  For example, if I buy a couple of shirts from Lands End in the US, the postage spread across three items is a stack cheaper than buying the equivalent product here. 

When it comes to seat protectors, I think the Orvis ones are very well priced for the quality compared with the expensive rubbish available here. So it then becomes a question of deciding if you want to suck up the postage. :)   When I bought my Orvis mesh back seat cover, IIRC I also bought a cover for the lounge which made the postage more palatable.   

Edited by westiemum
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have the best cover ever and had been searching forever.

im in Melbourne not sure where you are? It’s called sling guard.

www.slingguard.com.au

soft plush on one side which feels amazing and hair just wipes off, the other side is made from surf board cover material for wet days beach etc. has zip down middle so you can wash sectioned as it wouldn’t fit in machine whole.

the lady fitted it to my car and it’s perfect .

• 2 weeks later...