Ivory Coat puppy kibbles

poppii

After reading good reviews on Ivory Coat kibbles I was wanting to try it out for my 5 months old cavoodle. He is currently on MFM puppy but he’s scratching a bit so I wanted to see if Ivory Coat grain free is going to make a difference. I started by mixing in 1/5 of new kibbles to 4/5 old kibbles. Then very next day his stool went soft. I didn’t think much and gave him the same proportion for breakfast by lunch time he had outright diarrhea, in wet puddles. I stopped the Ivory coat and his stools were fine today. Does it mean he can’t tolerate the new kibbles ?  He only had a very small amount of the Ivory Coat kibbles. 

Who knows? All sorts of things can cause diarrhea.  Sorry, there's no recipe here... you can keep trying and maybe the pup will come good, or maybe not.  Personally, I'd go back to the food that works.  Good reviews for some dogfood mean nothing.  Maybe someone was paid to write them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sandgrubber said:

Who knows? All sorts of things can cause diarrhea.  Sorry, there's no recipe here... you can keep trying and maybe the pup will come good, or maybe not.  Personally, I'd go back to the food that works.  Good reviews for some dogfood mean nothing.  Maybe someone was paid to write them.

I am just trying alternatives because he seems to be scratching on and off, just wanting to rule out allergies to MFM kibbles.  

Couldn't get anyone to eat the Ivory Coat and the one dog that did got the runs. It was the chicken variety and went through her like a rocket. :o 

I find MfM fish palatable, a good size and works for everyone. I don't use much dry at all though, mostly snacks.  

• Like 1

I feed ivory coat till September last year when the fish variety started to give my boy terrible runs ,my friend had the same issue same variety.

Because they also add coconut oil to a few varieties I no longer feed it as a number off our dogs can tolerate the coconut oil ,things seemed to change just prior to announcing they had sold the business 

• Like 1