Need a good vet

You could try the Greater Springfield Veterinary Hospital at Augustine Heights Very nice friendly staff and are open from 7am - 10pm every day. I will admit I have only used them a couple of times but they treat you and your pet very nicely and seem very thorough. Or you could try Redbank Plains Veterinary surgery in Harris St Bellbird Park. I have used this surgery for about 20 years. Our original vet passed away a few years back but if you ask to see Dr Dan you can’t go wrong. 

• Thanks 1

My vet is a little out of your way, but not ridiculously out of your way, and I am really happy with them since arriving back in Qld in 2016.  Coorpooroo Vet Clinic, 181 Old Cleveland Rd. They are more expensive than the vet i was using in Adelaide. I pay about $20 more per bottle of Propalin which i buy every 3 months. I was quoted between $400-500 in Adelaide to get my bitch spayed and it cost me about $700 here.

In general the annual checkup for vaccinations costs about $100 more than my Adelaide vet. That said, i'm very happy with them. So since coming back to Qld, I've had my bitch spayed, yearly vaccinations of both dogs when necessary and they're good when i need to talk about skin management with my boy who has environmental allergies. They were excellent Easter-time last year when Wilbur ate 5 hot cross buns; they took over from the Emergency Vet Clinic and made sure he was closely monitored and appropriate kidney function tests were done.

They have been sooooo accommodating with Laikey who has been very reactive until more recently. When she needed to be in recovery after spaying a year ago, i took in my crate and we set it up in an exam room for her post surgery so she wasn't exposed to other dogs in crates in the recovery room. In the past, when i've asked for appointments for Laikey, they have given me appointments when other dogs won't be waiting in the waiting room to reduce the arousal she would experience etc Two weeks ago, i took Laikey in for her yearly vaccinations for the first time since she went to k9-pro for her train and board program to deal with her reactivity. Linda (the vet we usually see) was wonderful with Laikey; spending lots of time with Laikey to allow her to relax and bond with Linda before doing the injections and exam.

• Like 1