Dog Exhibitors

Jake_KVH

Hi!
My name's Jake and I'm looking to do an article about Dog Exhibitions for a vet hospital and puppy school in Melbourne.  I'm hoping to speak to someone who exhibits their furry companion. It's to be a very up-beat article, I just want to know what got you interested in the sport, what you find rewarding, what advice you'd give to newcomers, and how you began with the training. If anyone can help me out, that'd be so super swell. 

Thanks and be well, 
Jake

Hi Jake

Can I suggest you contact Dogs Victoria and talk to the PR team as well. They are the governing body for pedigree dogs and their members and affiliated clubs run all the shows. They should be able to give you some great info and leads. 

Good luck!

Edited by The Spotted Devil
  • Like 1

I tell my puppy buyers its a great place to have a family day out, picnic and meet fellow dog lovers and if your lucky come home with a ribbon. 

Sometimes even a trophy and prizes. But if you go hoping to win your not going to have a fraction of the fun you could have

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There is a breeder of Aust Shepherds who does a huge amount of showing and has a lovely time with her dogs.  She is very careful to watch whether her dogs  enjoy it or not and quite often talks about how some just love it, others do it but not particularly fussed and how she doesn’t show those who don’t enjoy it.  Very interesting perspective, I would have thought.  Mainstreet Shepherds is the name.  She used to be A DOLer, but you will find her by googling and she is on FB.