Pointing

Hi all 

I have a 4 month old GWP and eventualy would like her to point at game. 

Does anyone have any good info or tips as when I should start this training and the best way to go about it. 

Mainly focusing on scent point rather than sight. 

Many thanks 

GWPO

Waaaaay to hard to describe over the internet. There are not enough hours in my day :laugh: 

1. Ask your breeder for some contacts in Tassie. If they are breeding working dogs that should not be too hard. 

2. Join whatever is your local Gundog club in Tassie. It is a very small community but that will be the way to get help. Go to Retrieving or field trials, offer to help out. So many times I give help to new people but they give nothing back to the sport.

• Like 1

Waaaaay to hard to describe over the internet. There are not enough hours in my day :laugh: 

1. Ask your breeder for some contacts in Tassie. If they are breeding working dogs that should not be too hard. 

2. Join whatever is your local Gundog club in Tassie. It is a very small community but that will be the way to get help. Go to Retrieving or field trials, offer to help out. So many times I give help to new people but they give nothing back to the sport. Even if you have no interest in competing remember that you are asking for help and it’s nice to repay people’s kindness. 

Edited by The Spotted Devil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks devil. 

I'll get looking for clubs. 

I know the feeling, I've helped out people getting into shooting and deer stalking that once got the info never heard from again when needing to do some field work. 

• Like 1