New buddy for Zelda

juice

1 hour ago, RuralPug said:

I actually got the impression from Juice's post above that Barbie is scared of all men, and the teenage son just falls into that category for her.
I have met many dogs that are slow to warm up to strangers of one gender but are quite happy with strangers of the opposite gender.
Time is the only real cure and seeing other dogs in the household giving love and cuddles to the scary gender always helps!

I got the “all men” part, but just trying to think outside the box and put forward ideas.  It is a long time ago now, but I noticed when I was volunteer walker at a pound that a lot of dogs were anything from ambivalent to downright scared of men.  As I figured that all of these dogs could not have been mistreated by men, I started to think that maybe there were other things, such as a male smell, a male attitude, whatever ....... I don’t know.   We all know that something that might scare the daylights out of one person, doesn’t mean anything to another.  Ditto for dogs.   

And I totally agree with your last sentence.  Having other dogs around who are happy to get love and cuddles is immeasurable.  

16 minutes ago, juice said:

Yes all men. She has been a kennel dog for 7 years after getting spooked in ring . 

What !!!   She lived her life in a kennel?   Utter bastards.   That photo of her and Zelda takes on an even greater delight.   

She comes from the same breeder as Zelda , his dogs are lovely and I had been waiting for another from him . She is still on trial and he contacts me every week . I know kennel life is not ideal , but it happens . 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...