Picking a breeder

John W

What lovey thread.  I never saw the original post from last year and it was so nice to read though someone asking all the right questions, getting advice and then ending up with the perfect little pup.

She is just beautiful and l love the name.   You have to wonder if people have been living under a rock to not get the reference.    Though with that said, many years ago we named the male malamute we had at the time, Indiana after Indiana Jones and called him Indy for short and lots of people thought he was a girl based on the name.     I guess not everyone loves pop culture references the same way I do.  :laugh:

On 5/15/2019 at 12:49 PM, persephone said:

What on earth happened to your hand ? :(

Bite inhibition training.... faked... for dramatic effect - just to show you got to take one for the team.

• Haha 1

On 5/15/2019 at 12:41 PM, Malamum said:

What lovey thread.  I never saw the original post from last year and it was so nice to read though someone asking all the right questions, getting advice and then ending up with the perfect little pup.

Thanks for that. Ripley was the result of a lot of research to get the right breed for me - or more importantly that me and the home and lifestyle I could provide would be right for the dog. 2nd step was making sure I found a breeder where I could see the parents and indeed previous litter (there was only one but 5 beautiful pups now beautiful healthy dogs).

If I could give any advice to potential owners it would be know the standards you'd accept and then don't go below them just because of availability.

• Like 3