Raw feeding-bones?

Guest crazydoglady99

$18 is actually pretty good! A lot of butchers have their own chicken pet mince (it's usually minced chicken frames). Otherwise jus start with hearts & veg, plus scrambled eggs! That'd be a great starting point.

I'll check my fav book.. standby..

Guest crazydoglady99

Here is Dr Jean Dodds recommendation.

I just took the pic out.  Sorry I'm paranoid someone will sue me!

Clean & dry egg shells (I like to put them in oven for a few mins), grind them up to a fine powder. 1/2 teaspoon is equal to about 1000mg calcium. 

Oh, and her recommendation is 1000mg per day.

Edited by crazydoglady99

I'm happy with frozen  Big Dog Barf patties .. my young BC girl is doing well on them .. 13.8 kg .. less than 1 patty a day (she does get a lot of training treats, and some other stuff in her Kong.

Down here in Hobart .. $21.50 for 3 kg box of Combo  up to $25 for Sensitive Skin (  12 patties) .  You can get different proteins .. fish rabbit etc. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, animallover99 said:

Here is Dr Jean Dodds recommendation.

I just took the pic out.  Sorry I'm paranoid someone will sue me!

Clean & dry egg shells (I like to put them in oven for a few mins), grind them up to a fine powder. 1/2 teaspoon is equal to about 1000mg calcium. 

Oh, and her recommendation is 1000mg per day.

Thanks will try that.

49 minutes ago, Tassie said:

I'm happy with frozen  Big Dog Barf patties .. my young BC girl is doing well on them .. 13.8 kg .. less than 1 patty a day (she does get a lot of training treats, and some other stuff in her Kong.

Down here in Hobart .. $21.50 for 3 kg box of Combo  up to $25 for Sensitive Skin (  12 patties) .  You can get different proteins .. fish rabbit etc. 

We have the original BARF not the Big Dog, in town.

I’m also a bit hesitant using the Big Dog brand as I know a bit of background about the company and it puts me off.

Last night the boys enjoyed cooked chicken breast, eggs and veggies, they both gulped it down.

Off to a good start I seared a couple of pieces of the chicken frames I bought yesterday for their brekky, as I expected Hugo chewed it all up and Rascal looked at me like I was trying to feed him poison, wouldn’t go near it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 26/06/2018 at 12:19 PM, animallover99 said:

$18 is actually pretty good! A lot of butchers have their own chicken pet mince (it's usually minced chicken frames). Otherwise jus start with hearts & veg, plus scrambled eggs! That'd be a great starting point.

I'll check my fav book.. standby..

Except be careful with non-branded pet mince like that as they can put as much preservative in as they like. There’s no laws against it, so sometimes they can put dangerously unhealthy/toxic levels of preservative in for pet mince... :(