Which kibble do you feed?

I feed mostly raw/home made food, but i also supplement with dry food. I am currently rotating between Canidae pure sky and Wellness Core. They are both unfortunately US foods.

I have tried Meals for Mutts and Ivory Coat, but Nugget wasn't very keen on either of these, he gobbles up the Canidae and Wellness though.

Was just curious in the brands people here feed their puppers.

49 minutes ago, sheena said:

Wow...expensive dog food.....$50 a kilo :scared:

Yeeeeahh.. Dehydrated meat. Would be better off buying a dehydrator and making your own dog jerky at that price.

Have our dog on a blend of meals for mutts and Blackhawk.

• Like 1

My 15.5 year old Min Pin had a bout of pancreatitis last year, so she gets a sprinkle of Hills R/D with her cooked chicken breast (low in fat). My 6 month old Min Pin pup eats Taste of the Wild quite happily and a 6 kg bag lasts us forever :champagne:

I'd love to feed ZiwiPeak or something similar, but as it's dried raw rather than kibble it's too pricey for me! I feed a combination of Prime100 fresh rolls with Taste of the Wild High Prairie (which has a higher meat content than other varieties. I'm going to try other brands of kibble as well, namely Healthy Everyday Pets (Pete Evans... in a ugly as heck package, but very highly rated) and Prime100 ZeroG (not yet released). I do like the look of Stay Loyal as well.

Guest crazydoglady99

Oooooohhhh is Pete Evans food actually available? Soo curious about the ingredients!

Edit - ok I found. Stil got junk in it like every other brand.

Meat meal is not a good thing. Please look up what it really is.

Hydrolyzed Yeast, that's msg under a code name.

Eeeep I sound like the grinch!

Edited by crazydoglady99

I've looked up what meat meal is, the concentrated, rendered product; I'd rather have that as a main ingredient over grains or legumes. All meat in kibble is processed, so as long as I'm told what the meat is, and there are no by-products, a meat meal is about as good as you're going to get. Certainly if you can afford it, non-kibble dried foods such as ZiwiPeak or Absolute Holistic are miles and miles ahead. 

• Like 1

Guest crazydoglady99

Oh Grizabella, I must sit on my hands! I've gone all crazy food lady!

I hope I didn't upset you. Sorry!

Yes, I agree!

24 minutes ago, animallover99 said:

Oh Grizabella, I must sit on my hands! I've gone all crazy food lady!

I hope I didn't upset you. Sorry!

Yes, I agree!

Haha, oh no! I'm a crazy food lady too, so I totally get it. If only I worried about my own diet as much as I did my dog's....

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I feed only natural :) I was writing earlier about the issues that my pup had with a small Vitamine B deficiency, when our vet suggested to switch to more 'natural' and more Australian food. We tried with several brands, it was more or less successful, currently we are on Applaws dog food and we are completely satisfied :)

As long as there's nothing artificial added or hidden, no colours or preservatives or flavours -  we are good <3 

I'm a food skeptic.  Can't see the need to buy anything fancy.  So much hype out there.  I feed Coprice working dog at $55 to $60 for a 20 kg bag. My dogs love it (they're Labbies and there's not much they don't love).  Their coats are lovely.  Their poos are firm.  They have no allergies.  My old Girl will be 14 in August, and she's still pretty healthy.

• Like 1

I have decided to go with Stay Loyal small breed. Nugget absolutely devoured it, which he has not done with any other kibble! I have always had to add toppings and extras to get him to finish off a bowl.

It has a real meaty smell which all the other dry foods haven't had.

My little girl loves Stay Loyal small breed  as well,  I told my sister about it , and got her some for her fussy little Yorkshire Terrier  pup, He gobbled it up super fast!

The pup was being fed Canidae before, I don't think it was  as  Tasty  as  Stay Loyal  is, So my sister  finally listens to me now :laugh: 

I also feed  Frontier  Pets  Pork  freeze dried  raw in the  evening , after adding hot water and soaking for 1 minute ,it makes a lovely warm meal at night.

@grizabella  are you feeding  Frontier Pets  anymore,  Pandi  loves their  beef paddywhack  chew  

• Like 1