Zoe our GSD

charli73

Our beloved German Shepherd Zoe was given her wings today along with our cat, her best friend Charli. Both had cancer and both had gone downhill earlier this week to the point of no return.. 

i think I underestimated how much I could adore my fur babies, especially the dog. We raised her from a pup and she helped me raise my two children, who are 5 and 7 and that’s all they have ever known.. 

such a quiet household tonight, I don’t know if this void could ever be filled, I miss my Zoe especially, she would follow me everywhere until I went to bed then she would check the family was ok then go to bed herself.. 

RIP Zoe and Charli x

07168A21-3D5D-42AF-8C33-3EFD5545F29E.jpeg

Edited by charli73
Efs
  • Sad 2

So saddened to hear about your losses. 2 in one day would have been terrible. I think we all underestimate how our fur babies affect us. It takes to lose them that you finally figure it out. When we lost Zena it bought that message home clearly and now Molly and any future fur babies will not be taken for granted as their time with us can be too short. 

How old  were your fur friends? Your Zoe looks like such a softy. A sweetie.

Take care.

Older but not old. Both should have had many more years. My Zena was just 9 and yes it does hurt. It’s been 12 months for us but some days it still hits me and I miss my girl so much. 

• 2 weeks later...