I am in love ..... breed not in Aus.

persephone

Guest crazydoglady99
4 hours ago, Dame Danny's Darling said:

Stunners.  Looks as though Corgi could be in their DNA .... or maybe the other way around LOL  LOL.   

I was thinking "looks like a corgi x koolie" !! Great minds think alike!!

Edited by crazydoglady99

39 minutes ago, Scrappi&Monty said:

I love Swedish Vallhunds, I don’t think we have those in Aus? And Lancashire heelers!

Valhunds are in Australia & do very well in the ring .
Lancashire Heelers are an interesting breed ,seen them in the UK

• Like 2

Risk of offending I know, but the first image of the Alpine Shepherds, then the ones on the table in the link, all they make me think of is African Hunting Dogs (and if anyone uses that contrived painted name I will scream offence myself).

And yes they are total gorgeous dogs.

• Like 1

I've got three dog's to propose:

The Mongolian Taiga:

Image may contain: dog, outdoor and nature

I love how it's a more solid sighthound shape, bit more coat and such variety in coats.

the Laizhou red dog - it's ears are NATURALLY like that, no cropping and posting needed :D I am very fascinated by its red colour and origins (GSDs x to local chinese breeds, result is primarily military dog)

1-1F6191Q5020-L.png

"It is large in size, strong in appearance, with thick bones, long heads, large ears, erect ears, black back, red hair, or dark brown hair (legs). It is loyal and fearless and can be used for hunting and nursing" - translated description

and this shaggy fellow is the size of a golden, the sapsali:
Image result for sapsali

so many dogs in the world! Only the tiniest sampling in australia :'(

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Dogsfevr said:

Valhunds are in Australia & do very well in the ring .
Lancashire Heelers are an interesting breed ,seen them in the UK

Oh yeah I forgot about that! :hitself: Because when I first heard of them, I’d never seen them before so I thought we didn’t have them. They certainly aren’t common though. 

Will have to meet one one day :love:

18 hours ago, PossumCorner said:

Risk of offending I know, but the first image of the Alpine Shepherds, then the ones on the table in the link, all they make me think of is African Hunting Dogs (and if anyone uses that contrived painted name I will scream offence myself).

And yes they are total gorgeous dogs.

Hyenas? 

1 hour ago, Scrappi&Monty said:

Hyenas? 

Ha ha, good grief, wash your mouth (or keyboard).  Hunting Dogs are everything beautiful, flowing action.  Hyaenas are a touch ugly, something like an imaginary cross between a small bear and one of the gone-in-the-hocks badly bred German Shepherds.  They are just grotesquely ungainly but super strong.  They can bite an adult person's arm off at the shoulder.  No saving graces in appearance or habits.

Ren that's a lovely shot of the pups.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, PossumCorner said:

Ha ha, good grief, wash your mouth (or keyboard).  Hunting Dogs are everything beautiful, flowing action.  Hyaenas are a touch ugly, something like an imaginary cross between a small bear and one of the gone-in-the-hocks badly bred German Shepherds.  They are just grotesquely ungainly but super strong.  They can bite an adult person's arm off at the shoulder.  No saving graces in appearance or habits.

Ren that's a lovely shot of the pups.

*gasp!* Wash your mouth out! Hyenas are gorgeous- and crazy intelligent. I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder, haha! Painted dogs are stunning too, but much stinkier than hyenas in my experience. :P 

29018564882_56a2239dc3_c.jpgGamba by Amy Atherton, on Flickr

29091178376_8112b4ff39_c.jpgMkoko by Amy Atherton, on Flickr

Back on the subject, my overseas doggy love is the Hovawart; absolute stunners! :love:

http://en.happybowwow.org/xovavart_default.htm

01_-_25d0_25bb_25d0_25b5_25d0_25b6_25d0_25b0_25d1_2582-e1514996830376.jpg

• Like 3