Tick or Seed or what?

teekay

Hi everyone, long time no speak :)

My sister has just texted me these pics. These nasties were in the side of her dog's face this morning. Apparently she bled quite profusely when they were removed. Really not sure what they are. The blood and hair stuck to them doesn't help with identification I know but does anyone have any ideas?

Screenshot_20180630-082419.jpg

Interesting TD, I think she just panicked a little and pulled them off, thinking they were ticks. Not sure about the skin tag thing though as she is a black dog and the 'fur' is white? 

19 minutes ago, tdierikx said:

Look like skin tags to me... especially if they bled a lot when plucked off...

I'd advise to have a vet look at any more that pop up rather than plucking them off.

T.

Yes I was thinking it looks like keratin, like the furry look of a warty thing or like when paw pads have hyperkeratosis (spelling?). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teekay said:

Apparently she bled quite profusely when they were removed. Really not sure what they are. The blood and hair stuck to them doesn't help with identification I know but does anyone have any ideas?

They really appear to have been , errm..part of the dog! 

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies Dol people :)

My sister took them into the vets for identification and the vet nurse did indeed think they were skin tags. Well caught T :)

Poor Pep, I bet it hurt to rip those out. Sis definitely will not be doing something like that again. She just though tick and panicked. Cue one very spoilt dog for the rest of the day. 

• Like 4

those 3 or 5$  reading glasses  at the cheap shops will do fine :)  get a level  2 or 3 .. great for checking wounds/lumps & bumps casually . 
the dog must be  laid back ... ours would have  protested one way or another !!  ;) 

• Like 2