karen15

Interesting article on possible link between diet and heart disease

24 posts in this topic

On 7/15/2018 at 2:33 PM, Maddy said:

If lamb is common in US dog food, why is the author of the article calling it an exotic ingredient, and suggesting there is insufficient feed research on it (as an "exotic" ingredient)?

And yes- if you're going to word things in such a way as to lead the reader to believe they are fact, then the author should have evidence to back up those claims, and be willing to cite it. 

It's no different than the crazies on the other end of the stick, who claim anything processed will cause cancer. I'd want evidence for any claim presented as fact :shrug:

1. I suspect the author, like many authors, didn't think carefully before publishing.

2. If you are lead to believe by a phrase containing the word "might", you are going to end up believing a lot of stuff for which there is no solid evidence.

@karen15  and  @Serket  Have you found any more information about diet & heart disease in dogs,  have you seen the posts on  Dog Food Advisor,  about this topic.                                                                                               I'm not buying any more dry kibble, for now,  I'm using   Frontier Pets, with added  tin Salmon  & a little extra veggies.                                                                                                                                           Which  foods have you decided on for your dogs and why did you choose that food

14 hours ago, PANDI-GIRL said:

@karen15  and  @Serket  Have you found any more information about diet & heart disease in dogs,  have you seen the posts on  Dog Food Advisor,  about this topic.                                                                                               I'm not buying any more dry kibble, for now,  I'm using   Frontier Pets, with added  tin Salmon  & a little extra veggies.                                                                                                                                           Which  foods have you decided on for your dogs and why did you choose that food

You didn't ask for my opinion, but you might want to look at:

http://skeptvet.com/Blog/2018/08/grain-free-diets-and-heart-disease-in-dogs/

Edited by sandgrubber

@sandgrubber I would love your opinion on nutrition for dogs & dog care in general , anything you can tell me is appreciated, love that link thanks :)  

, Pandi is 2 years old  & my first dog, so I do need good advice  :)