Intermittent lameness hind leg

I noticed last night my westie (3yo) wasn't even behind when hopping up from sleeping. I noticed it again tonight. It's a small number of steps then he looks fine. We went to park for an amble today instead of a walk. He looked fine. Silly me thought he might have been stiff from sleeping awkwardly and we played a little bit of fetch tonight. He was fine, but after a couch snuggle looked off when he got up again. Given he warms up out of it quickly (from the couch to the kitchen - 4m) and is even, I don't think it's a vet trip. I'll make sure he's resting for the next few days - no chasing toys. Nothing else off, still eating etc.

I get a bit, let's say imaginative, when my pets aren't well. My concern being ACL injury. But I'm sure that presents with more than a few off strides. He'll be monitored and taken to the vet immediately if anything changes. There's no pain response when I feel around and move it, but right at the moment I think he's likely to die from a minor limp LOL

I'd love to hear signs of ACL injury, just to reassure me :)

ETA to put his age

Edited by karen15

Thanks Tdierikx. I've been thinking on it overnight and think I'll have to try to get video as I only see it at night after a long snuggle on the couch (there's a soft step to get up and down, so no jarring on joints). When he walks and trots he is entirely regular. No rhythm changes. It's only been two nights, so could have pulled a muscle, but video will help the vet to see what's happening.

• Like 1