HELP NEEDED WITH SCARED RESCUE

Perry's Mum

On 08/08/2018 at 3:03 PM, Little Gifts said:

You're doing such a great job PM! It still makes me wonder how much effort to understand her other people have put in.

A lot of people, as evidenced by many threads here and in other places over the years, don’t realise that ANY effort needs to be put in.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Both dogs are well settled together now.      Gypsy still does not want to leave the house and garden - I have somebody lined up to walk her but she refuses to leave the house.   Yesterday I took Bella for her vet check up and vaccinations and Gypsy was really surprised and happy when I brought her back again/   Next time I go somewhere in the car I will have another go at taking her for a drive with me.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Perry's Mum said:

Both dogs are well settled together now.      Gypsy still does not want to leave the house and garden - I have somebody lined up to walk her but she refuses to leave the house.   Yesterday I took Bella for her vet check up and vaccinations and Gypsy was really surprised and happy when I brought her back again/   Next time I go somewhere in the car I will have another go at taking her for a drive with me.

Ooooh.  Sounding good.  Looking forward to hearing about next drive  :crossfingers:

Guest crazydoglady99

Baby steps.

Can you take Bella & Gypsy for a drive together? (Even if it is reversing down the driveway and then driving back up)

I would assume Bella is Gypsy's security blanket. So maybe she is not ready to go solo yet.

Maybe instead of a walk, just sit out the front with both of them on a leash?

Happy to help with anything if you need.