Dryer cages

On the spot

Assume you're a groomer?    As an owner, I don't like them and won't use a groomer who uses them.  I think they are frightening and too hard on dogs and their coats. :)

Edited by westiemum
  • Like 1

I’ve managed to groom for over 30 yrs without owning or using a cage dryer. I feel they are mainly utilised where volume of grooms takes priority over quality experience for the animal. *some groomers will use fan/cage drying for dogs with age, illness or disability related needs, but then again, I’ve alwyas preferred to manage those grooming experience by making it a hands on drying routine with a stand dryer, rather than stick them in a hostile cage environment to stick it out on their own.

if you really feel you need to look at them, I believe OzGrooming World May be a place to start. I’ve also seen home made versions with box fans attached to crates of various types. There have been more than a few cases of severe injury, mainly burns due to metal cage surfaces becoming red hot, and death, mainly due to overheating, when cage drying has been used. 

Personaly I don’t use them, or advise their use, and certainly would not leave my pet at, or work for, a facility that used them

edited to add.....the only real reason I’ve seen to justify cage drying is where corded breeds are involved, and seeing as this is rare inside pet grooming, I would assume an open penned area with a non heated fan would be suitable. 

Edited by mingaling
  • Like 2