Pete Evans healthy everyday pets food..

@Christine_72  First nosy question are you 72?      Anyway did you try a sample of the Pete Evens food on Nugget, did he like it,                                                                                                                                                    Have you tried Frontier Pet for him, the new formulation is more porous and soaks up water faster     

12 hours ago, PANDI-GIRL said:

@Christine_72  First nosy question are you 72?      Anyway did you try a sample of the Pete Evens food on Nugget, did he like it,                                                                                                                                                    Have you tried Frontier Pet for him, the new formulation is more porous and soaks up water faster     

Haha, No i was born in 1972 :eek: He had a nibble of the Pete Evans on the first day, and completely ignored it on the 2nd day. Stay Loyal is still number 1 in Nuggets book.

Frontier Pets you say... I'm expecting a delivery of the chicken version today :party: I think the bag my mum gave me was old and just not stored properly. I'll be giving it to him for dinner tonight, i'm interested to see how this one turns out.

• Like 1

The Balanced Canine has done a really thorough analysis of a lot of dry dog foods, for those who feed dry, it came out pretty high on the list compared to other kibbles. Worth a look. I found their research rather thorough and objective, so you can make your mind up based on what you're looking for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

On 8/8/2018 at 5:03 PM, sandgrubber said:

Pete Evan's  healthy everyday pets  is the food  Crazydoglady  said someone was harassing her about & giving her  " unwanted attention "   over her review for the food

It must have been awfully bad, now she has gone & deleted her posts :eek: 

The last food or anything I would feed or try would be something endorsed or promoted by a “celebrity”.  I’ve seen enough snippets in the written media debunking just about everything Pete Evans talks about in terms of nutrition.  I never knew who he was until I started watching some programs on 7 and was constantly bombarded with advertisements for the kitchen program ...... yet again people behaving in ways that if they did it in public they’d be locked up for being a public menace.    

• Like 1

Pete Evans is crazy.

Anyone who thinks feeding homemade bone broth to babies, instead of correctly balanced baby formula (in cases where breastfeeding isn't possible) should not be allowed to have care of children. End of story. And that one is probably the least of his crazy. The "evils" of big pharma sunscreen, the autism garbage, the scare campaign against fluoridated water, etc., etc., etc.

Regardless of the quality- or otherwise- of the food, buying it is supporting Pete Evans in putting other peoples' health (and children) at risk.

Then there's the hypocrisy of him being involved in kibble at all. Were paleolithic wolves eating those little brown nuggets? I'm fairly sure the answer to that is very obvious. According to him, humans should be eating this particular diet, based on prehistoric diets (because.. paleolithic people were super healthy before they died at the age of 30?) because that's natural and good and whatever. But dogs? Those things directly descended from wolves, that chase down and eat their prey raw? Nah, cook those little jerks up some brown nuggets. Oh, and bone broth, because dogs couldn't just eat actual bones or anything.

@PANDI-GIRL No different from the Meals for Mutts owner (presumed) coming on here and chucking a tanty before getting a thread that contained criticism of their product scrubbed so clean, it was like the gestapo went through it. In either case, I saw nothing that I would have thought was legally iffy (from Troy's point of view) but I guess if someone throws enough threats around, perhaps he capitulates just for the sake of not dealing with crazy people. Understandable, really. 

To the person who allegedly harassed CDL about her opinion... :coffee: 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 4:25 PM, Guest crazydoglady99 said:

The stay loyal one you posted about recently had better ingredients IMO@Christine_72

As a user of Stay Loyal for many months I was recommended to change to Pete's product. On the second day of six year old 'Lady Doberman' being fed the Pete Evans food she developed diarrhea. We did not relate this to the highly recommended-top brand product but kept on searching for the culprit. We banned all treats but the problem continued. After a further two days we reverted to her old brand food. Over night the watery flow had eased and today she is back to her old self. We will stick to Stay Loyal now.

Any one want to buy the remaining Evans dog food (10 Kg)? :)  Cost $125 will accept $60 cash :):) 

Edited by Ixon
  • Like 1

It may not be the food , just that you transitioned too fast . 

Can you take it back for a refund ? A lot of manufacturers will refund if dogs don’t like it , we do at my work as long as you have the receipt. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 8:27 PM, juice said:

It may not be the food , just that you transitioned too fast . 

Can you take it back for a refund ? A lot of manufacturers will refund if dogs don’t like it , we do at my work as long as you have the receipt. 

No. After 50 years of dog ownership and training we do know how to transition the dog to a new food and this was done accordingly. So we cannot put it down to that.

On 26/04/2019 at 3:55 PM, Ixon said:

No. After 50 years of dog ownership and training we do know how to transition the dog to a new food and this was done accordingly. So we cannot put it down to that.

:laugh:

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 3:55 PM, Ixon said:

Perhaps something like "Thanks for the idea but we did transition over slowly and my dog still had trouble with the food" would have been more polite. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 6:02 PM, Maddy said:

Were paleolithic wolves eating those little brown nuggets? I'm fairly sure the answer to that is very obvious.

@PANDI-GIRL

Yes they probably were... In the form of moose turds. Sorry. Couldn't resist that thought.   I agree... he sounds like a whacko. 

• Haha 4

I was given a sample by a local producer of his new grain free pet food.  As I had tried a grain free before with similar results to Ixon I was a bit reluctant to try again.  He said that with grain free foods I needed to feed a lot less than I did with the product I was using.  So basically, the diarrhea was caused by overfeeding.

When I looked at the sample bag again, one of it's major ingredient is a legume so I'm not feeding it due to the recent possible association with heart disease that the US FDA is investigating.  

https://www.fda.gov/animalveterinary/resourcesforyou/animalhealthliteracy/ucm616279.htm 

It's hard to know what to feed our dogs!

Edited by jemappelle

7 hours ago, jemappelle said:

I was given a sample by a local producer of his new grain free pet food.  As I had tried a grain free before with similar results to Ixon I was a bit reluctant to try again.  He said that with grain free foods I needed to feed a lot less than I did with the product I was using.  So basically, the diarrhea was caused by overfeeding.

When I looked at the sample bag again, one of it's major ingredient is a legume so I'm not feeding it due to the recent possible association with heart disease that the US FDA is investigating.  

https://www.fda.gov/animalveterinary/resourcesforyou/animalhealthliteracy/ucm616279.htm 

It's hard to know what to feed our dogs!

Having dobes this is super important to me as DCM is a HUGE killer of our breed in general. Nearly every single grain free food I see on the market has lentils and peas. On the other hand, kibbles with grain usually have one meat or meal and the majority of the food is grain. In saying this I have one girl 9 in November, one 8 in October.  I've had two others that lived until 13 on a varied diet of premium and basic kibbles with vegetable and meat added. I'm trying to decide on the best diet to raise my newest girl on to reduce the risk, although I know its also in a dogs lineage and genes..

11 hours ago, jezebeldobe said:

Having dobes this is super important to me as DCM is a HUGE killer of our breed in general. Nearly every single grain free food I see on the market has lentils and peas. On the other hand, kibbles with grain usually have one meat or meal and the majority of the food is grain. In saying this I have one girl 9 in November, one 8 in October.  I've had two others that lived until 13 on a varied diet of premium and basic kibbles with vegetable and meat added. I'm trying to decide on the best diet to raise my newest girl on to reduce the risk, although I know its also in a dogs lineage and genes..

As I didn't know what the initials DCM meant I did a search and came across this article that's interesting   https://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/21_9/features/DCM-in-Dogs-Taurines-Role-in-the-Canine-Diet_21901-1.html

On 29/04/2019 at 5:42 AM, Boronia said:

As I didn't know what the initials DCM meant I did a search and came across this article that's interesting   https://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/21_9/features/DCM-in-Dogs-Taurines-Role-in-the-Canine-Diet_21901-1.html

https://www.avma.org/News/JAVMANews/Pages/190215h.aspx

It strikes dobes more than any other breed with over half either affected or carrying genes of the disease. If the breeding practices of dobes continue with affected dogs and if we don't get some more information of what exactly causes it there is a strong prediction the dobermann as we know it will be extinct in 25 years.. Probably will be any way if PETA and RSPCA etc get their way.. but nonetheless, alarming stuff! I've heard of pea's changing the menstrual cycle and fertility of bitches and now the thing about lentils.. I have no idea what the best thing to feed my dogs is. Its alarming.