Genuine West Highland Terrier

I am currently traveling in Scotland and had the pleasure of seeing a Westie in the West Highlands. It occurred to me that they may originate from this very area. The cute thing was he was with his owner and came with us on a cruise of the Loch Ness. Dogs are allowed many places here that they aren't in Australia .

• Like 5

Oh have a wonderful time LFF!  I'd love to travel to Scotland one day (bit of green-eyed monster here!).

Yes its incredible how dog friendly the rest of the planet is generally, when compared with Australia.  Such a shame - and I have a theory that that lack of public exposure and training (both dogs and the general public) is one of the reasons for our high rates of dog attack... dunno. :shrug:

Anyway have a great time. Pics? :provoke:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, westiemum said:

Yes its incredible how dog friendly the rest of the planet is generally, when compared with Australia.  Such a shame - and I have a theory that that lack of public exposure and training (both dogs and the general public) is one of the reasons for our high rates of dog attack... dunno. :shrug:

I agree, @westiemum.  Sad really, very sad.  I have been told to leave footpath cafe, also a courtyard cafe and once, coming back from Brisbane all the taxis at Sydney were refusing to stop for me .... I had Calypso with me, a 2kg Maltese who was probably cleaner than 99.9% of the drivers and their cabs :mad  :mad

• Sad 2

My mum has a pub in the UK and there are always dogs chilling with owners in there . I walked through the park and families were playing and having picnics, lots of loose dogs runnning upto other families to say hi and no one panicked and screamed like they do here ,.dogs art chilled because they can go everywhere . 

• Like 4

On 8/10/2018 at 8:47 PM, Lady Flying Furball said:

I am currently traveling in Scotland and had the pleasure of seeing a Westie in the West Highlands. It occurred to me that they may originate from this very area. The cute thing was he was with his owner and came with us on a cruise of the Loch Ness. Dogs are allowed many places here that they aren't in Australia .

Lucky you, I hope you're having a great time, did you see Nessie?  

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...