Where to advertise

Rascalmyshadow

After much consideration we have decided rehoming Hugo is the best option for him and ourselves, we have been working on his behaviour with my young daughter and although his reactivity has improved he has started to pee on her stuff as well as on my pillows, clearly there is jealousy and he is not 100% coping with having a toddler in the house and myself being pregnant, I think things are only going to get worse once there’s another baby in the house.

I need to advertise him but as far as I know the only options are Gumtree or the trading post, can anyone give me any other ideas, I’m not handing him over to a shelter or rescue group, I would like to put him on pet rescue but since it’s been a few years since I’ve done rescue myself, I no longer have an activated account.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Rascalmyshadow said:

Thank you, do you know how that particular group works.

No it was just an example. :)  I'm not a member but there is over 3k people in that one so might be worth joining just for a look before you decide to post. 

I know Denise at Paws let’s you advertise private rehomes on her page . I know she is in NSW but it might work . Also Dogmad knows heaps of people and always might know someone looking for a poodle . 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rascalmyshadow said:

Was going to do that but it seems there is no poodle rescue in Vic (I was the one that used to do a lot of the poodle rescues) and I have no idea which other rescue groups to contact, in my experience a lot of them are not very approachable.

The Facebook page that Powerlegs shared is where I post all Poodles looking for homes.  There would be heaps of members in VIC just waiting for a poodle.  Ask a lot of questions - with poodles, I look for breed experience, ask for a groomer's reference, a vet's reference and I do a yard check.  I want to know they've been properly groomed.  I've rescued a few poodles and they've always been badly matted and in need of a dental so I want to find the very best for them next time around.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Her Majesty Dogmad said:

The Facebook page that Powerlegs shared is where I post all Poodles looking for homes.  There would be heaps of members in VIC just waiting for a poodle.  Ask a lot of questions - with poodles, I look for breed experience, ask for a groomer's reference, a vet's reference and I do a yard check.  I want to know they've been properly groomed.  I've rescued a few poodles and they've always been badly matted and in need of a dental so I want to find the very best for them next time around.

Thanks I’ve never used Facebook for anything like this.

Yes I’m going to be very thorough since I’ve had the same experience, when we were rescuing almost every poodle we took in were matted wrecks with ear infections and bad teeth, also saw so many neglected all the years I was grooming.

They are high maintenance in every way, one of the reasons I am so scared about rehoming, at least when I was working the majority of fosters came back to me for grooming so I could keep an eye on how they were being cared for.

On 24/08/2018 at 7:23 PM, mingaling said:

Message @Troy and see if you can put him on the breed rescue page on DOL. I was able to list a couple of pure breed rescues that came through on there a few yrs ago. https://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/rescue.asp

Unfortunately Troy has turned down the request as it’s a private rehome, thanks anyway for the idea.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...