Learn free canine CPR in melbourne

Two Best Dogs!

http://www.u-vet.com.au/news/canine-cpr-research-study

It's part of a uni of melb research into different teaching methods, but out of it you get to learn canine cpr!

Eligibility criteria

This research study is for dog owners to participate. To be eligible for participation, please confirm you meet the following criteria. 

Are you: 

• Over 18 years of age? 
  • An owner of a dog? 
  • Able to perform mild physical activity including the following? 
    - You will be required to kneel next to a dog manikin (models used for medical simulation) and bend over to deliver chest compressions. Do not participate if you foresee that this may be difficult or painful. 
    - You will be asked to provide mouth-to-snout breaths to the manikin. You will use single use face shields for sanitary protection. Do not participate if you have an impaired immune system (for example, you need to take immunosuppressive medication).  
  • Never received previous CPR training in either humans or dogs? 
  • Able to commute to U-Vet Hospital located in Werribee on two occasions? 
  • Able to devote an initial 90 minute session and a follow up 15 minute session after 2 months? 
  • Available during the week of 27 August 2018 and approximately 2 months later?
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did you go to the first session Thistle?  

Dog CPR was part of the content of the slightly weird but fairly useful short course I did years ago on running a pet-care business.  Included lots of anecdotal 'evidence' of the number of dogs saved - or lost that could have been saved.  I didn't know it was a thing until I did the course (sheltered life).

• Like 1