Importing semen from NZ

BoldNFearless

23 hours ago, BoldNFearless said:

who has done this recently? what did you pay ?

i was surprised to get quoted only a few $100 less then importing semen from UK & USA ?? why would you import from NZ when only slightly more u can go overseas ?

The only difference I see would be the airfare would be cheaper. Everything else would be the same. As for why, if that's where the dog you want is then that's why. Most people choose the dog that would most suit their bitch not just OS because they think it's better

• 3 weeks later...

my point is there is no quarantine or health tests required from NZ why does it cost to same to import from USA or UK ?
i imported semen from USA 4 years ago it cost me less then its going to cost me to import from NZ. 

i would have thought NZ would have been not much difference then moving frozen semen around Australia, just a little but more cos of the further flight

Even though there is no quarantine there is probably still a quarantine inspection of the shipment required and some kind of import permission. Same for health checks, the donor dog probably needs a vet certificate verifying identity and confirming the collection is from a NZ dog. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2018 at 5:01 PM, Diva said:

Even though there is no quarantine there is probably still a quarantine inspection of the shipment required and some kind of import permission. Same for health checks, the donor dog probably needs a vet certificate verifying identity and confirming the collection is from a NZ dog. 

none of the above was included int the import cost. so again this brings the price right up, i was under the impression appart from the extra vaccine etc NZ was much like coming from interstate/tas ... it used to be anyways, .............im just surprised is all