PetRescue thread - Desexmas and now a new General Manager

Oh I'm gobsmacked at their generosity - our groups can get direct donations for a whole week! Woo-hoo!. (insert sarcasm emoticon here).

And am I being cynical here or do any donations processed via Shout for Good have the contact details captured and onsold to marketers? Or does ANZ profit instead by being a holding site for potentially tens of thousands of dollars in transit?

• Like 1

Why would anyone still use that site?  There may be rehomings, but to me,what the groups lose in donations and their profile would not be worth it. The new Rescue Network one looks good, but will only work if enough groups support it.

• Like 1

@stellnme We have been with RN from almost the beginning but still use PR as well. RN has a much higher ethical base than PR, so you do need to be a registered charity to be accepted on there, plus a lot of other high ethical markers which is good because dodgy ones don't apply. Rescue Network isn't a direct competitor of PetRescue because of those higher standards,

Which leaves all of the little one-man bands (most of which do sterling work and many of which do not have fb or web pages of their own) and council pounds (not to mention any dodgy rescues) with not much alternative, to Petrescue sadly. So a heap of alternatives have sprung up to cover those but, as yet, none have distinguished themselves.

Our rescue, being registered as a charity Australia wide has already been approached by and absorbed three separate long standing rescues which were not registered charities and I have to say that some of our best and most experienced admins and foster carers have come from those absorbed rescues. So small rescues sharing similar ethics can always band together to become a registered charity or join an existing registered charity and become eligible for Rescue Network in that way 

• Like 3