What breed is my pup!

Hi all! 

I recently adopted a pup from the local rural pound after looking for my ideal furry friend for a year. 

This little fella (3.5-4 months old) was found as a stray. I’m thinking he must be a bull arab cross; however his speed makes me think he could have staghound in him despite not being wirehaired. He’s highly intelligent that’s a certain! 

I’d love to know other people’s thoughts. I guess we won’t have a true idea until he’s a bit older! 

Link will delete itself after a week 

https://unsee.cc/5da3a715/

• Like 1

Staghounds can be rough coated or smooth coated.

Both 'bullarab' and 'staghound' are types rather than individual breeds. Both these types tend to feature various type of mastiff ancestry together with sighthound ancestry as well as other breed groups.

From the photo, I can only say that I can see both sighthound and mastiff influence - it could go either way. Wait until he is adult, if he is shaped much like a giant greyhound, call him a staghound, other wise call him a bull arab.

In either case - it is really important that he learns recall and basic manners NOW so that you will end up with a dog to be truly proud of over the next 10 - 15 years! It's worth finding an obedience class in your area to attend weekly. :)

• Like 2