Training a greyhound not to chase

MillieMar

On 07/10/2018 at 6:22 PM, Dogsfevr said:

Disasters happen in any breed and size ,many small dogs start the trouble .

Big dogs p,at like a big dog.

And bred runs and chases that’s a dog .

Selecting a suitable friend for an already existing dog is paramount also accepting some dogs aren’t suited to company is another .

I dare say whether this dog is suitable or not an introduction period wasn’t down just a here is the new dogand it’s scared the new owner who thought they where getting a couch potato.

As a side note all our Greys played gentler than a Lab,Boxer or Dobe they just leap and do speed and agile quicker.

Also people Greyhounds are not bred to chase they where bred to hunt like many other breeds ,This is a pet peeve comment and not all Greys have been near a track or are race bred .

Plenty of breeds and dogs do lure coursing and chase that lure doesn’t mean there prey drive is any more higher than another dog .

I owned show Greys .i would trust them over many breeds any day of the week the only difference is we understand play types and making sure a dog is happy to live with such a dog .

My dogs don’t enjoy playing with Labs due to there pushy,over the top ,in your face no respect play manners .

yes small dogs seem to often have small man syndrome and start the fight they cannot possibly come out of in one piece, but I often used to wonder do they do it because they feel afraid? so act like they want to fight to keep the other away but it often ends up going badly, if only they had stayed quiet.

but then in people often just speaking gets the same response, agree or face attack. little room or tolerance for anyone that doesn't walk to the same drum in the human race too.

Edited by asal
  • Like 1