FOOT POWERED BALL LAUNCHER??

Stitch

I have seen these around, mainly for agility dogs.  It is a wooden offset see saw where the ball goes on one end and you tread down on the other end which launches the ball.

Does anyone know if they are available to buy or failing that, does anyone know what they are called so I can search the net for plans on how to make one?

I have a wrist injury and can no longer throw the ball. 

Thanks for that but I am really wanting a durable long term solution.  I am remembering one that my grandfather made for me out of wood a long time ago.

My dog at the time would run back with the ball, put it in the container on one end then rush around to the other end, jump on the wooden foot pad and then chase the ball.

Smart dog!  Alternatively I could always launch the ball by stepping on the wooden foot pad.

A quick google search shows a lot of plans for DIY automatic ball throwers (that the dog can use by themselves) when I changed the search terms to include "see saw" I got a whole heap of designs for launching ping pong balls but nothing for tennis balls! :laugh:

My final try led me to pinterest - use the search term "DIY tennis ball trebuchet" and you will be inundated with plans. People like to make scale size medieval siege weapons apparently - who knew? Perfect for a foot pedal dog ball thrower!

And mind your eyes with jack-in-the-box, spring loaded, even just leverage powered ball throwing.  Aldis had a power ball thrower maybe something like the petstock link - it was for ball games with a small baseball bat.  Force and direction a bit hit and miss but it was a softer ball.