puppy stolen, anyone recognise these people?

asal

4 minutes ago, Dame Danny's Darling said:

OMG!!  That video was horrifying.  Such a relief to know that Chipper is home safely.   

Were the people recognised?  

Click on the 'Ivy Bordeaux'  FB name in Asal's first post, it's just under the video (lots of news, support (and the usual numbskulls) there)

• Like 1

THAT is why I hate the huge pressure on breeders to allow people to come and see your puppies and parents at their home...

I had two stolen exactly the same way as that years ago. did get them back incredibly, one was found wandering beside a four lane highway , got the call soon as the lovely lady took her to her vets and her microchip got her back home, the other I spotted her advertised a month later on gumtree.  but it was constant checking of the adds that found her, not the police.

after that took to meeting people with the parents and the puppyies at the local McDonalds instead.  

Interestingly, received a visit that afternoon by the rspca,  the person had  reported they believed I was living in my car with the dogs and gave them my number plate, so the police kindly gave the rspca my address so they could come and inspect me.  At least still laughing over that one so many years later.

gotta love being a dog breeder, your dammed regardless , they want a puppy but you are regarded by a percentage as prostituting your fur child?  no kidding, one lady said how could I breed my fur child and sell my grandchildren?

Yet she still expected me to sell her a puppy?

so hope those men in the video are caught 

Edited by asal

4 minutes ago, asal said:

THAT is why I hate the huge pressure on breeders to allow people to come and see your puppies and parents at their home...

I had two stolen exactly the same way as that years ago. did get them back incredibly, one was found wandering beside a four lane highway , got the call soon as the lovely lady took her to her vets and her microchip got her back home, the other I spotted her advertised a month later on gumtree.  but it was constant checking of the adds that found her, not the police.

That’s extremely lucky for the pup on the highway!! What breed? 

@asal In regards to your pup being listed on gumtree did you enquire as a buyer or get the police  involved? 

Also in regards to not inviting potential puppy buyers to your home, where do you prefer people to meet you and your dogs? 

I would think after many emails and spoken phone calls you would build up a rapport with the person as to whether they were ‘safe’ to give your home address to. 

Meeting the parents and seeing the home environment where puppies were raised is highly important to me and others when buying a purebred. I’d hate to meet up in the local Maccas car park, get my pup and to never hear from said ‘breeder’ again. 

(Sorry to highjack) 

once again very glad DDB chipper is home. 

7 minutes ago, PeiLuvR said:

I would think after many emails and spoken phone calls you would build up a rapport with the person as to whether they were ‘safe’ to give your home address to. 

We would all like to think that, but dishonest people aren’t necessarily stupid, they know what to say to sound authentic.

I have placed all my puppies by word of mouth without advertising as I breed that little. But I dread the day I might have to, it is a dilemma. 

Breeders I know due heavy due diligence, asking for copies of drivers licenses, checking on google maps, stalking face book, before letting a stranger visit. We have so much at stake. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PeiLuvR said:

That’s extremely lucky for the pup on the highway!! What breed? 

@asal In regards to your pup being listed on gumtree did you enquire as a buyer or get the police  involved? 

Also in regards to not inviting potential puppy buyers to your home, where do you prefer people to meet you and your dogs? 

Meeting the parents and seeing the home environment where puppies were raised is highly important to me and others when buying a purebred. I’d hate to meet up in the local Maccas car park, get my pup and to never hear from said ‘breeder’ again. 

(Sorry to highjack) 

once again very glad DDB chipper is home. 

I enquired as a buyer and notified the local police who came with me to see the seller. She was pretty shocked to learn she had bought a stolen puppy, the police caught the people who stole mine thanks to the lady who had advertised the puppy in gumtree, she identified the couple she bought her from,  as she knew their gumtree name,  and still advertising other things on gumtree and a friend rang and arranged to meet them, then the police moved in and arrested them, the police told me they were high on drugs when arrested, with both a knife and a gun in the car, that I was lucky they had stolen them when I wasn't home or may have hurt me if I had tried to stop them.  Something else ,I would never have suspected either of them were professional thieves, the man had a rap sheet three inches thick. They seemed such a nice family, you really have no idea what a person is like. Well dressed, spoke nicely, nice car... really shakes your trust in people

They didn't come as a result of an add either, said they had been referred by a friend who had one of my pups.  So they use whatever leads they come across

Edited by asal
  • Sad 1