Pet Insurance

Teebs

Does you household insurance have pet insurance as an add-on? I am with RACQ and they do so maybe NRMA do as well (if you are with NRMA that is)

RACQ have a $750 ceiling added to my household insurance for around $50 extra, they also have separate pet insurance which is dearer than BWM but comparable to some of the other companies; I just had a look and it appears to be only for Qld  :-/

Hummmm---> https://www.productreview.com.au/p/rspca.html

doncha just love reviews :laugh:

Personally I hate most pet insurance companies, they're rude, don't accept claims and are just plain unhelpful. 
I was with RSPCA and they were absolutely useless, I had to write them a hand written letter just to get out of it. 

BUT if I was to go with pet insurance I would definitely go with BOW WOW MEOW, They have by far the best reviews and are amazing at accepting claims. 
I just have an extra bank account that I put extra money into for my pets in case of an emergency. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve decided to go with bow wow meow because they will waive the recent dramas as preexisting if after a period of time they dint require Vet follow ups. 

And they will cover accident as of the following day the plan becomes active. Which after thymes fluke injury with a stick in his eye a couple of days ago...no more fluke accidents. 

They also help cover cover general things like desexing. and contribute to boarding if *I* am in hospital.

I didnt got Petcover as unforunately my rabbits are both too old to qualify :(

Edited by Thistle the Best Dog

• 1 month later...

I was with PetPlan but then they went and doubled their premiums which made me kind or nervous about ever getting pet insurance again. But in the last 12 months after paying ???? (Stopped counting at around $12000) for cancer surgeries I decided to get insurance on my new dog. After lots of research I decided on BowWowMeow and have found them amazing to deal with. They paid out 1 claim, all submitted via the vets, with in 3 days no questions asked. This was for a cut paw accident only days after taking out the cover. My new dog (2.5 year old) was returned to her breeder, 21 days after taking out the cover and they happily cancelled the policy and will refund the premium already paid. I will refund the money they paid for my claim. They were amazing to deal with and I will definitely be using them in the future. 

Pet Insurance Australia

Yes it is worth it. 

No it's not cheap, $200 per month for two large dogs aged 7 and 10

$10,000 + this year in vet fees. I got 80% back minus about $400 excess ($100 per condition).

If I didn't have insurance one of my dogs would have been euthanized this year and the other would have been suffering.