My Dingo, My Angel

Well Darling, it has been 15 weeks, two days and 29 minutes since you went home to God. At the time, I was so relieved that my prayers were answered and that you passed without pain, snuggled up in our favourite pj’s. You knew no suffering, by Grace alone did your liver not commence failure until right before our vet appointment, where you dozed off at only a half hour past your normal bedtime. 

I’m still grateful, of course, but boy do I miss you :(

17 years might sound like a lot, but yours felt like they passed in the blink of an eye. I likely have to live a long time without you, little man, and there’ll never be a day amongst them where I don’t wish you were with me. 

Baby, I am so proud of you and the way you lived your life. You did everything on your terms, and you did everything so, so well. My strong, stoic Dingo look-a-like, how anyone could’ve let you wind up in a shelter is beyond me. Thank God it was me you came home with, I can’t imagine what my life would be like were it not for your love, your friendship, and your running prowess. 

No one ever fussed over you or called you cute, and yet you didn’t care. I hope I too can perfect the art of staring at others with a silent, implicit snub :) . 

I’ll never again hear the gentle tap of your  feet as you come to stare me awake in the morning, I’ll never have another big hug from you and your soft, thick fur. I’ll never have anyone love me unconditionally, nor anyone who can tell me everything without opening their mouth. Never will I feel as safe as I did when you were here, ready to lie in wait and pounce silently on anyone who tried to tried to mess with your fam! 

I do though take comfort in the fact that you are safe in Heaven, and that you are watching over me in between your running and swimming :) . There isn’t a better place, and you deserve the best. God sent me his finest, and now he has you back. You are home, little one. 

I miss you so much!! One day, baby, I will run with you again. 

What a wonderful day that will be.

I love you. 

Very sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like you had a great friend by your side for many years. It’s very hard saying goodbye to them and harder still to live without them. My girl passed away 18 months ago and I still think of her every day. Still miss her cheeky little ways. But we are all better for knowing these beautiful souls. Take care.

Edited by Zena's mum
Spelling mistake

5 hours ago, Zena's mum said:

Very sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like you had a great friend by your side for many years. It’s very hard saying goodbye to them and harder still to live without them. My girl passed away 18 months ago and I still think of her every day. Still miss her cheeky little ways. But we are all better for knowing these beautiful souls. Take care.

Thank you for your kind words, Zena’s mum. He really was my best friend, it’s so hard to believe that I’ve got to live (in all probability) a long time without one.

But you’re right, we are better for having had them with us. If I can turn out to be even only half as good a person as he was, I’ll be happy.

I’m so sorry about your beautiful girl. They are always in our thoughts, aren’t they. Time honestly doesn’t matter...I still catch myself tearing up at the thought of our little dog who died when I was a baby!

I like to think they look down on us from time to time to make sure we’re ok...only when they’re not too busy playing, though :)

Xxoo