Phenergan Dosage

meech

Hello All, I have a nervy whippet -Greyhound cross who has been on fluoxetine for 6bwks now. We have a road trip coming up (with the hound) that we cannot cancel and she has recently developed an aversion to going faster than 60kmh and having the windows up. I've heard ppl having success with using Phenergan as mild sedative to take the edge off the dog's anxiety. I bought the kids, liquid Phenergan but wanted to ask advice on dosage please? She is 15kg btw. Thanks in advance! 

I've only got dose rates for allergies and although the side effect can be sedation I've never noticed it at the allergy dose rates, probably best to check with your vet for higher doses. :) 

Complete calm is good if you're looking for calming but non-sedating, and something you can use daily with no worries. 

Normally I'd recommend a travel crate too but one for a 15kg dog might take up a fair bit of room!

Complete Calm should not be combined with Prozac unless under strict vet advice/oversight. It can lead to serotonin syndrome.

Meech, you need to speak to a vet. I’d be asking about a proper situational anti-anxiety medication that can be given on top of Fluoxetine when needed.

ETA, I wouldn’t give the HomeoPet product without vet oversight either.

Edited by Papillon Kisses