Black Hawk Grain free salmon issue

karen15

Just saw this on FB and thought be people here would want to know. Basically black hawk grain free salmon possibly causing gastro upset in multiple dogs so company has removed from shelves.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/australian-pet-food-pulled-from-shelves-after-perth-dogs-become-ill-20181107-p50emg.html?fbclid=IwAR1i7G2I2RPaESHV9S0cu87VUzRuUKzt_1Ce773QF8NczVdfEoU_eBTpBlI

Edited by karen15

On 11/9/2018 at 12:26 PM, Sagittarian said:

Prime 100 has quarantined their new Salmon dry food as they use the same salmon source. Although they've not had any reports of any issues, it is a precaution. We're currently feeding this and loving it so home it is resolved soon.

That is interesting as I just started a bag of the Prime Salmon this week and Poppy has a upset stomach. I don't normally have issues when I change food for her. 

• Sad 1

I actually took the food back today. The shop said that they have had other cases of it causing diarrhea. They said that Prime had said that the formula was too rich and that was what was causing upset stomachs. :shrug:

Hopefully Poppy will be ok. She seems fine.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JulesP said:

I actually took the food back today. The shop said that they have had other cases of it causing diarrhea. They said that Prime had said that the formula was too rich and that was what was causing upset stomachs. :shrug:

Glad you got the refund … but :formula was too rich" seems a bit odd .. still .. it could well explain Poppy's diarrhoea.  Hopefull since you got onto it so quickly, her tummy won't have been more than temporarily upset.

On 11/11/2018 at 7:41 PM, JulesP said:

We recommend a slow transition onto Prime 100 dry food of any variety. It is heavily meat driven so if a dog is coming from one either grain based, or grain free with low meat, it is advisable to go in slowly. My boy not only transitioned well, but is less hungry on this. 

Hope Poppy is feeling well again. 

:)

Sags

4 hours ago, Sagittarian said:

We recommend a slow transition onto Prime 100 dry food of any variety. It is heavily meat driven so if a dog is coming from one either grain based, or grain free with low meat, it is advisable to go in slowly. My boy not only transitioned well, but is less hungry on this. 

Hope Poppy is feeling well again. 

:)

Sags

She was on a comparable food prior, maybe slightly less protein but fish and grainfree. She has also had the Prime Kangaroo dry with no problems.  She has had all sorts of different brands and I haven't had a problem with her before. 

She seems fine thanks. 

• Like 1