Perth Dolers: Black Hawk Grain Free Salmon pulled from shelves, Perth dogs become ill

Boronia

1 hour ago, Thistle the Best Dog said:

I think maybe put the name of the brand in the title? Then people who get the BH grain free salmon will see it.

Had to check, we don't usually buy grain free but we did this month because of the sale. Phew! I got the BH GF Roo!

Thanks Thistle, I have done so  :)

1 hour ago, sarsplodicus said:

After a lot of trial and error this is what I feed my allergic dog and it seems to be the only dry food that she can eat without scratching herself until she bleeds. Now I don't know what to do.

We've found Meals For Mutts Roo & Lamb has worked well. :)  

27 minutes ago, Powerlegs said:

We've found Meals For Mutts Roo & Lamb has worked well. :)  

Thanks Anna but she can't eat roo. It gives her diarrhoea. I have found  chicken or fish the safest for her. I have rung my vet and am waiting for a reply. Last week she had three seizures on the one day and she also vomited with them. Maybe it was the food but she often vomits when she has seizures.:confused:

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, sarsplodicus said:

Thanks Anna but she can't eat roo. It gives her diarrhoea. I have found  chicken or fish the safest for her. I have rung my vet and am waiting for a reply. Last week she had three seizures on the one day and she also vomited with them. Maybe it was the food but she often vomits when she has seizures.:confused:

Oh dear, poor baby I'm sorry. I didn't realise. :( 

I was feeding my 2 dogs BH  grain free salmon and they seemed to thrive on it for a while and then I started a new bag and bam! I had to put plastic sheeting on my flooring because the diarrhoea was so bad it was just coming out on it’s own free will :/ it was horrible.

Luckily the company I bought it from took it back ... now I feed them TOTW which they love.

This happened about 2-3 years ago ... but I’m not sure what happened to the formula back then.

Edited by ♦ Marg ♦

It would have been good if there was a bit more detail on date of manufacture etc.    My 10 year old boy does well on GF BH Salmon.   He' about 3/4 or more through a big bag, and no problems, so I'll certainly finish that bag.  I have one more smaller bag (think it came as a Petbarn freebie when I bought the big one, so hopefully that's OK too, but will watch him when I start that.

Guest crazydoglady99
On 08/11/2018 at 9:02 AM, sarsplodicus said:

After a lot of trial and error this is what I feed my allergic dog and it seems to be the only dry food that she can eat without scratching herself until she bleeds. Now I don't know what to do.

Sars-happy to make you some salmon based fresh or dried food to get you through for now? Am in ACT so no trouble for me.

1 hour ago, crazydoglady99 said:

Sars-happy to make you some salmon based fresh or dried food to get you through for now? Am in ACT so no trouble for me.

Thanks for the offer. It is very kind. I bought some BH grain free with chicken yesterday and it will do. She has had it before with no ill effects. The man in the pet shop seemed to think that the BH with salmon would be back in the future so I am not so worried. Initially it was just the last straw in a bad week but I have calmed down now. :)

• Like 1